You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS 2020 Model Matching

• msfs
  • model
  • matching

Kai Lamont

Kai Lamont
Posted
Posted

Does anyone have any info on model matching for VATSIM for MSFS2020. Have tried searching online but haven’t had luck finding info! Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere! 
Tia champions! 🤙🏽

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm part of the team that developed FLAi (www.flai.app), one popular model matching solution for Prepar3D and FSX. We've been looking at MSFS compatibility but we can't yet figure out how to add models to the simulator (if that's even possible at this stage). If someone finds out how to add AI models to the simulator such that they are recognized, we can see if the models we're using will be usable and then look at adding FLAi compatibility. Another option would be if one of the developers who has created the freeware models we use in FLAi creates something usable in MSFS. 

I haven't heard as yet that is possible and, until it is, I don't expect you'll see any type of model matching on VATSIM for MSFS in the immediate future.

I believe I read somewhere that Microsoft was at one point thinking of doing AI traffic injection based on FlightAware data. As a result, it wouldn't surprise me if they create their own set of models. However, it seems there are some legal issues with them producing real-world airline repaints so I'm not sure how far that would go.

Edited by Evan Reiter
  • Like 2

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Hi Evan, you have mentioned models for x-plane. I have looked at www.flai.app but can't see any reference to x-plane?  Can you point me in the right direction please. Cheers Dan

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I can almost assure you he did.

• Thanks 1

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Jamal Pratt
Posted
Posted

It would seem that if they can parse flightaware data they should be able to parse the vatsim server. 

how they convert that to models I’m not sure, I did install the mega livery pack and noticed that real world airlines are showing up with AI traffic although the gate assignments are all wrong but it’s a start 

logo.png

CEO/President

Jamal.Pratt(at)flyoasis.org

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted
On 9/11/2020 at 10:53 PM, Daniel Mckee said:

Hi Evan, you have mentioned models for x-plane. I have looked at www.flai.app but can't see any reference to x-plane?  Can you point me in the right direction please. Cheers Dan

Sorry, I did indeed mean "Prepar3D and FSX". 

Right now, the only model matching solution I know of is the Bluebell package: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/37041-bluebell-obj8-csl-packages/

• Thanks 1

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager