You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

I dont hear controllers, they dont hear me

Stefan Hoks

Stefan Hoks
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I previously used xPilot and X-plane 11, but since I've switched to MSFS 2020 I downloaded vPilot. I set everything up like I did with xPilot, but whatever I try (running vPilot in Administrator mode, changing sound settings in MSFS, changing sound settings in vPilot, trying every frequency near the frequency I want to reach), it doesnt work. Controllers cant hear me and I can't hear them. How is this possible? I thought vPilot is compatible with MSFS, or am I wrong?

Thanks in advance! Stefan

Stefan Hoks
Posted
Posted

Also, I turned of my firewall for a short period to check if the audioserver was blocked that way. But it still didn't work. vPilot can connect to the network, then when I double click a frequency it also says "connected to the voice server". When I tune a frequency (from a controller which is listed in vPilot), nothing happens. I have to double click on the controllers frequency in vPilot to be connected to the server. Should it connect automatically to the voice server when I tune the right frequency in MSFS?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

vPilot is compatible with MSFS, or at least what MSFS should be, but MSFS has a bug with xxx.xx5 frequencies.

Until they fix it, recommend using the dot command to change your frequency, e.g.:

.com1 123.47

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations