You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Remote Host IP Address?

• vpilot remote mode
  • host ip address
  • host address

Ben Dair

Go to solution Solved by Ross Carlson,

Ben Dair
Posted
Posted

When using VPilot Remote Mode with Voice which host IP address do I need to use as the host?

• Solution
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you have multiple IP addresses on your host machine, use whichever one is reachable from the remote.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Alistair James
Posted
Posted

Hi all.

I'm brand new here and am having the same issue. I've tried two different IP addresses I found in system info on my PC here and get messages in vPilot saying it can't connect. Can anyone point me to a step by step guide to getting on the network as an observer for those of us just starting out?

Many thanks.

Alistair James
Posted
Posted

I've just downloaded v2.6.6 and seems to be working. Now I'm just looking to observe/eavesdrop on some activity.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

For anyone else coming across this thread, note that the vPilot Host displays its IP addresses in the messages window when it first starts up, so you don't have to go searching for them.

Mike Riley
Posted
Posted

my Vpilot fails to connect using the ip address method as above. What should I be using?? 192.168.0.220 does not work

[10:38:39.454] vPilot version 2.6.7
[10:38:39.726] Performing version check...
[10:38:39.830] Server list download succeeded. 9 servers found.
[10:38:40.139] Version check complete. You are running the latest version.
[10:38:40.141] Checking for updated model matching data...
[10:38:40.654] Model matching data check complete. You have the most up-to-date data.
[10:38:40.665] Checking for changes to installed models...
[10:38:40.687] No changes found.
[10:38:40.726] Listening for remote connections on IP(s): 192.168.0.220
[10:38:40.731] Attempting simulator connection...
[10:38:41.015] Connected to simulator: KittyHawk (11.0.282174.999)
[10:38:41.016] Custom model matching rules loaded.
[10:38:41.018] Reevaluating model selection for all aircraft
[10:38:41.024] Radio state changed

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Probably a firewall issue ... what is the exact error message?

Mike Riley
Posted
Posted

Since this I have managed to log in and half connect but now my PC is refusing to connect probs something to do with ports I guess: I switched off the fire wall but no joy trying the windows firewall next

Network error connection failed (10061) no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 161.35.40.246:6809 

😞

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

That's an error message relating to the connection to the VATSIM server, not the vPilot host.

Mike Riley
Posted
Posted

All good now I changed the server to UK1 and all is good just completed my first flight from Leeds to Warton VFR with a Basic Service from Manchester Approach, Happy 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Simner
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm new here, but used to do a lot of flight sim.  Now returning with FS2020.

I've installed VPilot, but cannot connect .  I am being asked a Host Address.  I selected to run vpilot remote.  Can any one tell me what the address is please?

Edited by Peter Simner

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

You would only run vPilot remote if you want to run vPilot on a different machine from your simulator. Is that what you're trying to do?

Peter Simner
Posted
Posted

Hello most grateful for your reply.

I have now in vPilot in host mode.  Everything is on my PC Sim is running and flight selected.

This is the screen I have.  I do not seem to be connected.  There is no connect button..

Second image is screen when trying host mode. Says its not recognising by login details, but they are correct Sorry to be so dim!

Peter

image.png

image.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If you are running vPilot on the same machine as your sim, then you do not use remote or host mode. You use regular vPilot, also known as Standalone Mode.

If you get the invalid CID/password error, then search the forums for many, many, many threads explaining possible causes of that issue.

Peter Simner
Posted
Posted

thanks I've found it.  The installer installed about 6 x modules.

Still get wrong password etc.

I know my credentials are right.

I'll plod on - thanks for your help and guidance.

Peter

• 3 months later...
Ryan Sarazin
Posted
Posted

I NEED HELP

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Yes, I imagine if you're tagging onto someone else's thread from 4 months ago, and all you say is "I NEED HELP", especially in all capitals, you need some help.

Now, may I suggest you open a proper thread, in the proper forum, and clearly indicate with challenges you are encountering.  In a community of over 700,000 members, hearing "I need help" is about as clear as you being in the middle of the largest ocean on the planet in a rowboat and yelling "I NEED HELP".  First of all, you need to be more specific, and secondly, with such a generic note, no one is listening....

• Like 1

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations