You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FS2020 + vPilot: Frequencies Misinterpreted

Brin Brody

Go to solution Solved by Ross Carlson,

Brin Brody
Posted
Posted

Hello, all:

vZJX ARTCC (VATUSA) has had a consistent issue with FS2020 pilots using vPilot wherein they are unable to connect to the primary CTR frequency (135.925). vPilot seems to interpret 135.925 as 135.924, making it so that pilots are not reaching us when they need to.  As far as we're aware, we're the only U.S. facility to report the problem. We've been made aware that it is due to a SimConnect issue, but are still hoping there is some kind of resolution on VATSIM's side. 

Short of updating our primary frequency - again (this change was made only about two or three weeks before the FS2020 release) - are there any suggestions as to how we might solve this problem?

As a quick note: We are aware that having pilots use the .com1 command to access the frequency does solve the problem, but we've found it to be impractical to provide that instruction to every FS2020 pilot, especially during busy periods such as events.

Brin Brody

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

I wonder... is it possible to write back a frequency to the sim radios via SimConnect?

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

One possible temporary but tedious workaround that I can see is having vPilot "interpret" and round up or down frequencies manually if it senses that it is an abnormal frequency, and then send an automatic ".com1" command back with the correct one. It might take a lot of work however, and not sure if it is worth the effort..

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

One possible temporary but tedious workaround that I can see is having vPilot "interpret" and round up or down frequencies manually if it senses that it is an abnormal frequency, and then send an automatic ".com1" command back with the correct one. It might take a lot of work however, and not sure if it is worth the effort..

I'm already working on something similar ... I think it's worth it to reduce controller and pilot aggravation until MS/Asobo fixes the sim.

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Thanks 2

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• Solution
Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Just released 2.6.7 which adds 1 KHz to the frequency reported from SimConnect if that frequency ends in a 4. So xxx.924 becomes xxx.925, and xxx.004 becomes xxx.005, etc.

• Thanks 2

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Brin Brody
Posted
Posted

Ross: You are a lifesaver. Thank you for taking care of this so quickly.

Brin Brody