You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't Connect to X plane

Scott Wallace

Scott Wallace
Posted
Posted

I know that we need to configure the x plane ports to 49010, 49000 (legacy), 49001 (legacy).  Done!!  Windows 10 firewall defender has pilot as excepted App..   Done!  Checked firewall defender rules to accepted ports. .. Done!

Waiting to connect to plane message appears.  I'm totally stumped.

Help please!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Check to make sure the in-sim plugin is there.  (You'll have it in the X-Plane menu, under Plugins and xPilot.)

I also have had an intermittent issue with xPilot detecting X-Plane wherein simply closing and re-opening xPilot with the sim running sorted out the issue. Try that if you haven't already. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Tom Bergman
Posted
Posted
On 9/12/2020 at 7:41 PM, Robert Shearman Jr said:

Check to make sure the in-sim plugin is there.  (You'll have it in the X-Plane menu, under Plugins and xPilot.)

Also ensure that another plugin like XSB or Swift is not active. Can check via the plug in admin and disable it. 

Tom Bergman

Hemisphere Virtual Airlines

www.hphvirtual.com

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Well, just disabling them via X-Plane's Plugins-Manager may not be sufficient. You either have to rename the plugins (files ending with .xpl) to something else, e.g. adding ".OFF" to the end of the filename, or you move them complete outside your Plugins-directory. From what we have found out, the only reliable tool that can really switch off plugins is "xOrganizer", even the freeware version of it.