You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot and FS2020 - Glitchy Audio during FS2020 performance dip

Alexander Reed 1283968

Alexander Reed 1283968
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. vPilot is working with FS2020, no real issues except for one thing, when FS2020 has a performance dip, which happens periodically throughout a flight, during the performance dip, any communication being heard in vPilot becomes glitchy, and cuts in and out. It seems to only happen during an active performance dip with FS2020. Who would ultimately be the responsible party to fix this? Is there anything that can be done?

Edited by Alexander Reed 1283968

• Alexander Reed 1283968 changed the title to vPilot and FS2020 - Glitchy Audio during FS2020 performance dip
Geoffrey Drayson
Posted
Posted

1 hour ago, Alexander Reed 1283968 said:

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. vPilot is working with FS2020, no real issues except for one thing, when FS2020 has a performance dip, which happens periodically throughout a flight, during the performance dip, any communication being heard in vPilot becomes glitchy, and cuts in and out. It seems to only happen during an active performance dip with FS2020. Who would ultimately be the responsible party to fix this? Is there anything that can be done?

Interesting observation..  makes me wonder what the Pros/Cons are of running Vpilot  on a separate computer  on your local network.

While this may allow Vpilot to run its audio more easily, what other effects may this have,  on both Vpilot's audio, as well as having to make the Simconnect connection between Vpilot & MSFS2020  over a local network connection.    

Would be interested Ross's comments on this.

BTW:  I am having no issues with Vpilot  - nice clean, well working piece of Software.

.aircraft  is particularly nice.    Lots of Interesting data collected...  Maybe  it could also display  the COM & NAV frequencies

Will it ever have a Graphical TCAS/Radar display 🤩

sig

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Geoffrey Drayson said:

as well as having to make the Simconnect connection between Vpilot & MSFS2020  over a local network connection.

The SimConnect connection is still local on the machine where MSFS is running. The connection between vPilot on the remote, and the vPilot host, is a simple TCP socket connection that passes very little data, just messages to show in the messages window, changes to the tuned frequencies, changes to the controller list, and commands when the user presses a button on the UI.

Alexander, do you have the ability to run vPilot in the split host/remote mode, with voice on the remote? It would be helpful to know if this fixes the issue for you.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 2 weeks later...
Simon McGreevy 900694
Posted
Posted

Yes, I'm getting this problem to.  Have 50mb internet speed.  And have restricted fs2020 to 40mb limit.  But still getting intermittent vpilot sound.

Very annoying at busy airports.

Simon McGreevy 900694
Posted
Posted

Hi Alexander

I did some tweaking, adding Vpilot to the windows security fire wall exceptions helped a lot.

Give that a try and let me know if that helped.

Regards