You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Prepar3D

Michael Smith

Michael Smith
Posted
Posted

Good Morning. I wanted to know if vatsim works with Prepar3D but my biggest question is if the airports in Prepar3D are updated in terms of new runways and taxiways from FSX:SE. 

thanks 

mike

Koen Meier
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Michael Smith said:

Good Morning. I wanted to know if vatsim works with Prepar3D but my biggest question is if the airports in Prepar3D are updated in terms of new runways and taxiways from FSX:SE. 

thanks 

mike

P3d is built upon the esp version of fsx. The last version saw a massive update to the world in terms of airports but they are still like fsx building style.

You just need vpilot and run the simconnect files that are installed alongside p3d.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

The latest version of vPilot downloads the SimConnect library automatically, so you don't need to install it from the P3D folder any more.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Evan Reiter
Posted
Posted

Mike, in your version of Prepar3D, if you don't see runways and taxiways matching the diagrams, there are thousands of free updates you can download for them. (There are also several payware airports you can purchase that will not just improve accuracy but also make them look a lot better.)

The largest repository of free airport updates for P3D I know about is here: https://library.avsim.net/. Normally, when I'm planning a flight to a major airport and/or with ATC, I'll look at whether I already have up-to-date scenery. If I don't, I check the AVSIM library and install anything I can find prior to flying. Or, if I want to spend some money, I'll Google around for updates from companies like Orbx, FlyTampa, LatinVFR, FlightBeam, etc.

spacer.png

Evan Reiter
Boston Virtual ARTCC/ZBW Community Manager