You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWR Trainer Socket Closed by remote host

Ryan Kolling

Ryan Kolling
Posted
Posted

I've never been able to get twr trainer to run properly and everytime only about 5-10 airplanes in the entire scenario loads and then after a few minutes they start dropping and I get a "socket closed by remote host: index 7, callsign ____" I found a few other posts with this same issue from over a decade ago that still dont seem to have been resolved. I tried running twr trainer and VRC as admin, I set an inbound and outbound rule in firewall, and I dont currently have any anti virus installed, except for malwarebytes. 

What I noticed is if I reload the aircraft file then every airplane loads but they start popping in and out and then I get the socket error again. I'm an S3 and my TA has verified I've been granted mentor status, and I signed into VRC as S3 and even under Approach as I read on an old thread this may be a mentor permissions issue. Interesting thing to note though is that it's not every airplane that disappears. I can get get about 5 that dont disappear ever.

Specs: Windows 10 64 bit pro, my account is the admin. I get the issues when I run both VRC and TWR Trainer as admin and not as admin. I tried windows xp compatibility mode and still get the issues. I tried with the twr trainer folder on my desktop and in my Program File X86 folder and still get the issues.
Also when I reload the aircraft I get the error attached below, but that error was in xp compatibility and I got a different error when I reloaded the aircraft with that turned off, which is also attached. The attachment with the run time error is the non compatiblity mode.

1Capture.PNG

2capture.png

Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

As stupid as this may sound, make sure TwrTrainer is running from your ProgramFiles (x86) folder on your Windows boot volume.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png

Ryan Kolling
Posted
Posted
On 9/23/2020 at 10:59 AM, Dhruv Kalra said:

As stupid as this may sound, make sure TwrTrainer is running from your ProgramFiles (x86) folder on your Windows boot volume.

Didnt work 😞 I wonder if it's my internet then cause I installed VRC and TWR Trainer for the first time on my laptop and got the same issue. Maybe a port thing?