You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Don't waste your money on Flightsimulator X

Tom Harrison 968455

Tom Harrison 968455
Posted
Posted

I just received my new fsx deluxe addition. As a long time user of fs since conception I must say that fsx is a real failure. Save your money and continue with fs2004. I could go on to tell many things about how poor of job was done with sounds, views, and ac types, and dynamics, but trust me when I say poor poor poor. Perhaps in a year or so when third party developers take this turkey and provide us with some real features it will make the grade. In the mean time, fly happy with FS2004 and know you have the best.

Peter Nolin 954217
Posted
Posted

This is the X-Plane forum. It has nothing to do with FS X.

And as you might understand - I have no intention what so ever to use FS X since it really is disapointing. FS2004 is a whole bunch smoother to fly with and we all have tons of addons. But ofcourse I don't even use FS2004 anymore since I found the true light - X-Plane 8.

• 1 month later...
James Hudson 951027
Posted
Posted

Dude are you KIDING ME!?!? Whats your computers specs, that is probably the problem. FSX is opposite of what you said.

NY T R A C O N A R T C C. JFK ISP LGA EWR PHL...

NY Instructor I1

ZNY Lead Event Coordinator

Braniff International Virtual Airways CEO braniffva.com

• 1 month later...
Max Montocchio 998258
Posted
Posted

It is true that you can only run FSX on like the fastest computer there is. i still think FS2004 is better. BUT:

X-PLANE 8 RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Ahh yes a credible poster with 1 POST! I'm gonna go delete FSX Now

Robert Ogden 985378
Posted
Posted

My computer is nowhere close to top of the line. It is mid-low range as far as graphics and processor...

...and I run FSX just fine. It beats FS9 hands down.

216.png

• 2 weeks later...
Bill Martin 837442
Posted
Posted

I agree with Tom on this one, FSX stinks! It needs 2D panels, and eyepoint activation for anything close to reality! It also has a bad habit of modifing FS9. From my experience, I have noticed that those who think FSX is a good buy, know very little to zero about real world flying! Things got so bad on my computer, and in order to protect FS9, I've had to remove FSX and do a full scale wipe on the program! FS9 works fine and has some symbolism of reality if left alone! But that is not the case! My B777-200LR reversers, no longer work in full screen mode, and the spoilers also refuse to deploy. And I have not modified anything on my computer, so it must be being done through MSFS upgrades!

Flight Simulators should simulate flight and FSX does not do that, and it seems they (sim programmers & MSFS) are trying to degrade FS9 to that level! I should not complain, it has saved me a couple of thousand dollars since FSX release!

It is time to take a serious look at X-plane and a whole new operating system!

Paul Heaney 879309
Posted
Posted

Any more words of wisdom from 1 post wonders?

Peter Nolin 954217
Posted
Posted
Any more words of wisdom from 1 post wonders?

And who are you to judge people? Should people be ignored until they have posted 200 posts or more? We all have to start somewhere. And the point isn't all that crazy. FS X is infact a disapointment for many of us.

I really think people should be happy. The competition between X-Plane and MSFS is good for us - the users.

Bill Martin 837442
Posted
Posted

Paul,

As you have proven beyond a shadow of any doubt! The number of posts is no measure of intelligence! If you think that it does take a check at my VatSim ID number! I have been here a lot longer than you have! When I say that FSX is a piece of junk as far as a flight simulator is concerned, because it is not realistic, and as a retired airline captain and over 40 years of real world flying, I think I have the background to correctly make that evaluation! I think that if I were you, I would just shut up, instead of trying to prove how little I know!

For all those who think FSX is fine in their opinion, that's great, I just don't see what you get out of the program as a simulator? (just my opinion) The only thing that flys with any realism is the ultralight! Otherwise you can't see to T/O and you can't see to land or you lose all your instruments! The scenery is very good, and somewhat realistic! In building FSX, they have removed everything from FS9 that made it even vaugely realistic! FS has never been perfect, but it was workable until FSX came along!

Have a nice day!

Daniel Hill 810430
Posted
Posted

Looks like a couple of chill pills are needed here.

Respectfully,

Daniel Hill 810430

[Just Plain Ole' Dan]

Peter Nolin 954217
Posted
Posted
Looks like a couple of chill pills are needed here.

Those are illegal in sweden.

Anthony Sheehy 866297
Posted
Posted

Isn't saying fsx is rubbish in a xplane forum the same as saying PCs are rubbish in a Mac forum?

If you want a balanced opinion, post it in the main forum and see what you get...

"Oh! You meant my other right!!"

Julian Diamandis 926992
Posted
Posted

I think a lot of VAT simmers were hoping FSX would be targeted for the VAT simmer. But this didn’t happen. Probably because Microsoft didn’t want to do that. There have been some addon’s made for FSX.

I remember a similar pattern from FS2002 to FS2004, everyone was saying ‘too slow’ ‘no addons.’

Videocard: GTX480

Processor: i7 core

Mainboard:

Memory:

Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Titanium

PSU: CAIR 750W CMPSU-750TXUK

http://www.youtube.com/user/joolsd

tom van der elst
Posted
Posted

i just recently found a page in google

that rated FS2004 a D- because it wasn't that good.

date was somewhere in 2003.

i vividly remember the fights at some wellknown websites

about FS2002 being better and FS2004 being worse.

now FS 2004 is the greatest thing since sliced bread,ans FSX is not.

i'm pretty sure when FSXI comes out.it'll be the same all over again

it's kinda funny to see all the fights about a computergame,

i'm still using FS2004 but FSXDeluxe is already on the shelf.

if i get a better PC,someday,i'll transition and won't look back.

Tom.

f1cert.gif