You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Mic Bug in VPilot

Dennis Schmidt

Dennis Schmidt
Posted
Posted

Hi there.

VPilot does not work with my Microphone. Every other game and program on my PC using my Mic works fine.

But in vPilot it seems that there is no input when iam speaking....

very frustrating =(

Sorry for my bad english.

Hopefully the developers can fix that bug.

Dennis Schmidt
Posted
Posted

PS: 

Iam using it with MFS 2020

Dennis Schmidt
Posted
Posted

Ive tried it now with X Pilot... same problem here.

The green bar isnt moving. Windows Privacy Settings accept und work with VPilot. Access for v Pilot in Windows Privacy Settings.

The devices are configured appropriatley. 

I use a Beyerdynamic MMX 300. 

image.thumb.png.90cdbd90c28eab1ee305eda5028c60ea.png

It is connected to the PC via the 2,5M Cable. That is insert in a prebox from my Sounddriver ASUS STRIX DLX. 

Microphone works fine with any other games and programs like Teamspeak. Bar is moving without any Problems.

Dennis Schmidt
Posted
Posted

Here you can see that the Problem is really just in vPlane Programm.

Teamspeak works fine. Microphone device is the same in TS as in VPilot. In TS the bar moves ...

image.thumb.png.1f1c229d29971f091ab24083f20688d7.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid I most likely can't help, but I am confused by something you said.  At first, you said it was a vPilot problem.  Then you said it was also an issue in xPilot.  Then, you said it was only in vPilot again.  

Can you clarify?

One other thought (apologize if it's not a smart thought - this is not my area of expertise):  You're not trying to use the microphone in one client/program while the other client/program is open, are you?  Do you have any other programs open that might be "taking over" the microphone and preventing it's use in either vPilot, xPilot, or both?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

Oops, sorry for not posting a reply here. This issue was related to Dennis having an external audio card in addition to his integrated one. We’re working with him to hopefully get it sorted.

Edited by Nestor Perez

Me.

• 3 weeks later...
Jannis Fliegel
Posted
Posted

Heyho i have exactly the same problem. Can u explain me what to do to solve this problem?

MAL BROWN
Posted
Posted

Yes and so am I having the same Problem??

• 2 weeks later...
JOHN TECSON
Posted
Posted

Having the same issue, XPILOT couldn't seem to detect my microphone. Using ROG STRIX FUSION 700. My microphone seems to be working with other games and applications. 

Tried comparing it with the SOUND INPUT SETTINGS:

121656992_666477800921729_8775783515511314015_n.jpg

• 2 months later...
Christian Lehnert
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem with my ROG DELTA headset. Everything works except vPilot and xPilot.

• 9 months later...
Chase Meeks
Posted
Posted

I am having the same problem with a headset from amazon. The mic is picked up fine in the windows settings menu but absolutely nothing in the vPilot menu. The correct mic is selected in both places.

Chad Craig
Posted
Posted

I had this problem today setting up VPilot for the first time, running VPilot as an administrator solved the problem for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Florian Harms
Posted
Posted

Okay, the basic problem seem to be that most microphone setups under windows 10 are running with a higher sound quality (normally 48.000) while the vatsim voice setup seem to need 44.100. One solution is to limit the microphone to 44.100 via the Windows sound settings. The more stable solution seem to be to run VPilot in Admin mode.

Flo

Florian Harms

VATSIM Europe Division / DCRM

Supervisor

• 2 weeks later...
Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

Well, you can add me to the list.

Every few minutes or so the audio panel shows the MIC Volume to be continually full, and ATC can't hear me. I have a second mic available, and set that as the input apply it, then back to my normal headset mic and apply that, it works for a bit again.

I'm now trying:

1. backdating to vPIlot v2.8.1
  2. forcing the mic to 44.100
  3. running vPilot in Administrator mode
  4. rebooting for good measure

DIDN'T help it just FAULTED again.

Very frustrating.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

I think I may have found a fix, about the tenth message

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately, not. Issue still continues.

I have now completely disabled Cortana (as opposed to just silencing it), we'll see if that helps.

* Orest

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com

Orest Skrypuch
Posted
Posted (edited)

OK, here is what (probably) worked for me. I say probably, because you just can't be fully sure, until you run for hours with no instance of this. Sometimes it is frequent, sometimes infrequent.

Although I was not using the integrated mic input, when I fully installed the Realtek audio drivers for my mobo (ASUS X570-E), it appears that the problem has resolved. If that is the case, dead simple!

And again, I was using a USB set for mic and headphones, didn't matter, still needed the mobo audio drivers properly and fully installed, the windoze default drivers were not good enough.

* Orest

Edited by Orest Skrypuch

Orest Skrypuch

President & CEO, UVA
www.united-virtual.com