You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Problems listening to ATC on XSquawkBox

Francesco Giuffre

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted
Hello everyone I wanted to saw a problem I recently had on Xsquawkbox, I installed about 5 days ago this Vatsim client, I wanted to know how is it that I can listen to the audio of Vatsim from xsquawkbox? I followed everything the guide told me but the audio doesn’t work and so I’m forced to use the text.. If you know how to do that, I’d be very grateful...
Greetings

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Francesco,

in your aircraft, have you set up the audio control panel to actually transmit and receive on COM1, for example? What aircraft do you use in X-Plane?

• Like 1

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted

i haven't setup the audio panel... how i setup tha audio panel in the 737-800 zibo?

thx

• Mats Edvin Aaro changed the title to Problems listening to ATC on XSquawkBox
Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted

and then i insert the COM1 and then i can hear the ATC?

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Select MIC 1 and also Receive 1 on the center pedestal.

sceenshot_09212020_164903.jpg.355b9e042662847d56e832f710d17c71.jpg

and i can do this in the overhead or down the radio at the left?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

You need to set a frequency of an active ATC or of an ATIS in your area on COM1, otherwise there won't be anything to receive or transmit. You can do a self test: set UNICOM 122.800 on both COM1 and COM2 active, then configure MIC1 and Receive 1 and Receive 2 ON. When you now talk on COM1, you should hear yourself on COM2.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
  • Thanks 1

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

You need to set a frequency of an active ATC or of an ATIS in your area on COM1, otherwise there won't be anything to receive or transmit. You can do a self test: set UNICOM 122.800 on both COM1 and COM2 active, then configure MIC1 and Receive 1 and Receive 2 ON. When you now talk on COM1, you should hear yourself on COM2.

sorry but don’t working can you help me in a Discord chat?

Down this you can look my radio, i have set up the ATC on COM1 but don’t working please help me

Discord: frankk#81875E239397-0F9F-452F-B9E5-9ED39E8800EC.thumb.jpeg.76b55fe931d576e80b2bd8097dc20ebc.jpeg

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

What frequency is set in COM 1? Is there an ATC or ATIS with this frequency in your area?

is the ATC set in the ground of airport

Edited by Francesco Giuffre

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

yes i look but also don’t working, can you help me on a discord chat? Discord: frankk#8187 pls 🙏🏻 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

I do not use XSquawkbox, so I could only provide general troubleshooting feedback.

Have you tried setting 122.800 on both radios and then listen to your own voice from COM2?

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted

yes of course

Francesco Giuffre
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

....and what was the result?

don’t working😭