You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

JAR A320 Metar Window

Steve Cox

Steve Cox
Posted
Posted

When using the JAR A320, once flight plan has been started (EGKKJ/EGJJ) for example, when I click Update to obtain the METAR, it crashes the sim.  I've spoken with Eugeny at JAR, he suggested removing the xPilot plugin, tried that and it worked first time.

Is there a patch / setting somewhere to make this work, otherwise, will have to get rid of xPilot.

Steve

NB: Image is washed out as X-Plane 11 has already crashed in the screen shot.

jar_metar.jpg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

xPilot doesn't interface with any aircraft so I'm not sure what would be causing it to crash. Does X-Plane produce a crash report (either a dmp or rpt file) found in the output/crash_reports folder? If so, please upload it to a file sharing website such as Google Drive and share the link here. Please also upload the X-Plane log.txt (be sure to capture the log after the crash occurs). Upload and share the link to the log as well.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Steve Cox
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the response.  No, no dump or crash file generated, spining blue disc just sits there, just tested it again, left it spinning for over 5 mins before getting bored and end tasking XP.

I''ve attached my log.txt printed to PDF so it can be read.

If I simply remove the xPilot folder from plugins, it works straight away, very strange, hoping this helps.

Steve

log.txt.pdf

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Does this only happen after you're connected to the network? If so, I would guess that the JAR A320 might be crashing as soon as xPilot requests to enable TCAS control, in which case, it's an issue with the aircraft and not xPilot.

This is just a guess, though. I don't have the JAR A320, so I can't test this theory. 

Steve Cox
Posted
Posted

Hi, no if I don’t connect to Vatsim at all it still happens.  Only way it works is if plugin is not in the plugins folder.  I also use ActiveSky XP, have tried changing that from real weather to Vatsim online weather and just the same.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I’m out of ideas, sorry. 

Steve Cox
Posted
Posted

Oh well, thanks for trying, I’ll have to use swift for online action. 

Steve Cox
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

I’m out of ideas, sorry. 

I have spoken with Eugeny from JAR, what does xpilot do (if anything) with metal data?

the DCDU requests meter data from internet, as reflected in the log I sent to JAR upon successful request and presentation, it saves the result and displays.  The crash happens after that, does xpilot try to read or create meter data itself or from any other sources?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Steve Cox said:

I have spoken with Eugeny from JAR, what does xpilot do (if anything) with metal data?

the DCDU requests meter data from internet, as reflected in the log I sent to JAR upon successful request and presentation, it saves the result and displays.  The crash happens after that, does xpilot try to read or create meter data itself or from any other sources?

Metal data?

The only time that xPilot would do anything with a METAR is when displaying it in the client window if the user requests it (from the network) using the .metar command. 

xPilot does not communicate with any aircraft, other than via X-Plane datarefs to control radio, transponder, etc. 

Steve Cox
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

Metal data?

The only time that xPilot would do anything with a METAR is when displaying it in the client window if the user requests it (from the network) using the .metar command. 

xPilot does not communicate with any aircraft, other than via X-Plane datarefs to control radio, transponder, etc. 

Metal data, damn auto correct, obviously metar was what it should have been 😂