You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

¿Vatca sigue activo? / Is Vatca still active?

Jose Chavez

Jose Chavez
Posted
Posted

La página web esta caida, el grupo de facebook no tiene ningún comentario nuevo pero hay un evento agendado entre MROC y MPTO para este sabado 26 de septiembre. ¿Esta activo vatca todavia o ese evento es algo aparte?

Es pura curiosidad..

Website is down, facebook group activity is dead but there is a scheduled event on Saturday, September 26 between MROC and MPTO. Is vatca still active or that event was created outside this region?

Just wondering..

José Chávez

PPL/IFR (Real life) // VATSIM Online pilot rated (P1) // VATCA Region

Greg Waid
Posted
Posted

Good evening Jose, 

VATCA is active, for sure!

As of right now the VATCA web page is down due to maintenance and some updates which we are currently working on; It should be back up and running in a near future, we will be notifying when this happens. And yes, we do have an event scheduled for tomorrow on behalf of VATCA, our events coordinator and marketing chief Javier Beeche is the person in charge of such event. We'd look forward to see you taking part of our event tomorrow. If there is anything my team and I could help you with please feel free to reach out to us at anytime. I'll leave a link to our Discord server, all of us are usually on this platform throughout the day. 

Let us know if we can there is anything else we can do, 

cheers!

Link to our VATCA Discord server: https://discord.gg/UQQtVz2

- Greg Waid

• Central America Division Director (VATCA1)
  • ATC Instructor & Assessor 
  • VATSIM Network Supervisor 

[email protected]www.vatca.net

vatcalogo.png

Jose Chavez
Posted
Posted

Hi Greg, thanks for the update.

I surely will try to make it. Also, glad to know that the website is only under maintenance and not completely down.

Also, a couple of months ago I posted in this same forum about central american charts. I think is the post before this one. Either way, I provided some steps to find them and use them. At the time I added this steps because on the old page the charts were outdated and by having this on the Vatca site might help newcomers. Here are the steps:

[Original Post: October 24, 2019]

ENGLISH

If anybody reading this needs any chart for any mayor central american airport please follow this steps:

Step 1: Go to https://cocesna.org/home/aim/

Step 2: On the blue bar click on "AIP Centroamerica"

Step 3: Follow the steps below for the country you need charts from.

*** FOR BELIZE, EL SALVADOR, HONDURAS AND NICARAGUA ***

1- Click on "eAIP AMDT". A new browser tab will open.

2- Click on the latest effective date to access the AIP. (Currently is June 20, 2019)

3- Find on the left column the section "AD AERÓDROMOS (AD)".

4- Click the "+" sign under "AD 2 AERÓDROMOS" to reveal the list of airports.

5- Click the "+" sign right next to any airport and click on "AD 2.24 MXXX cartas relativas al aeropuerto" and charts will be available on right side of the page.

(As a shortcut, on step 4 after you reveal the airports click the one you're interested in and when the right side populate just scroll all the way down and the charts will be there for you.)

*** FOR GUATEMALA AND COSTA RICA ***

1- Click on "Conventional AIP"

2- Hover your mouse to "AD / AD 2 Aeródromos" to choose the country and the airport.

3- A new web page will open will the airport information and charts.

SPANISH

Si alguien leyendo este post necesita cartas de procedimientos de cualquier aeropuerto en Centro América por favor sigan estos pasos:

Paso 1: Acceder a https://cocesna.org/home/aim/

Paso 2: Seleccionar "AIP Centroamerica" en la barra azul de opciones.

Paso 3: Seguir los pasos abajo mencionados para el pais que necesites ver cartas.

*** PARA BELIZE, EL SALVADOR, HONDURAS Y NICARAGUA ***

1- Hacer click en "eAIP AMDT". Una nueva ventana/pestaña de tu navegador se abrirá.

2- Hacer click en el link bajo la fecha en "Currently effective issue". (La última fecha efectiva es 20 de Junio de 2019)

3- En la nueva página buscar "AD AERÓDROMOS (AD)" en la columna de la izquierda.

4- Hacer click en el signo "+" bajo "AD 2 AERÓDROMOS" para desplegar el listado de aeropuertos.

5- Hacer click en el signo "+" a la par del aeropuerto de tu interés y haz click en la opción "AD 2.24 MXXX cartas relativas al aeropuerto". Luego de eso el listado de procedimientos del aeropuerto seleccionado será desplegado en el lado derecho de la página.

6- Como un atajo, en el paso 4, al revelar el listado de aeropuertos puedes hacer click en cualquiera de ellos y la parte derecha de la pantalla tendrá toda la información del aeropuerto. En ese mismo listado las cartas estarán desplegadas si te desplazas hasta el fondo de la pantalla.

*** PARA GUATEMALA Y COSTA RICA ***

1- Hacer click en "Conventional AIP"

2- Posiciona tu mouse sobre el menu "AD / AD 2 Aeródromos" para desplegar el listado de paises. Elige el pais y haz click en el aeropuerto de tu elección.

3- Una nueva ventana se abrirá. Contiene información del aeropuerto y el listado de procedimientos del aeropuerto individuales en PDF.

Hope this helps! 😃

José Chávez

PPL/IFR (Real life) // VATSIM Online pilot rated (P1) // VATCA Region