You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FMC Database is Out of Date

Ethan Hochberg

Ethan Hochberg
Posted
Posted

I recently downloaded a payware FMC hoping it would give me more realism. It did, however many of the waypoints/approaches/departures are not in my FMC Database. Many controllers have advised me to update my FMC Navigation Database, but I am unsure how to do so. If you could please tell me how to do this, that would be great. Thanks!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Ethan,

what's the FMC that you are using? There are 2 suppliers for navigation data: Navigraph and Aerosoft NavadataPro. You will need to check which of the two offers this data in the right format for your FMC.

Ethan Hochberg
Posted
Posted

I'm using easyFMC for FSX: SE. How can I tell which one is right for me?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

You will have to find out what data format easyFMC requires and how to update it (documentation of the product). Then check Navigraph and Navdatapro if they offer this product and at what price.

Ethan Hochberg
Posted
Posted

I emailed the creator of EasyFMC and they said the database could not be updated because it uses the simulator internal database, so I can't update anything. Is there a way I can update the sim database? Thanks for your help so far!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's....not so nice. And they did not tell you about AeroSors?? https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Also: have you tried vasFMC (freeware) ?

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Ethan Hochberg
Posted
Posted

They did now tell me anything about AeroSors. What is it and how do I install it? And I looked at vasFMC but I saw it had a very long installation process that I don't think I could follow. Although, if vasFMC has more realism and is better in the longrun, I think I might choose that one. Could you tell me more about vasFMC? Thank you so much!!!

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

AerosSors: just read the content of the website that I linked, it's all explained there.

vasFMC: it's a freeware FMC that comes with its own set of NavData (can be updated through Navigraph or NavdataPro, payable), it can be included in any panel, but you will have to work on the panel.cfg files to do this. There should be some ready to use files for this on AVSIM or similar. Otherwise vasFMC is not hard to install or use. Search this forum for it and Google will be your friend, too.