You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't hear aircraft noises

Emmett Moorhouse

Emmett Moorhouse
Posted
Posted

Hello! I recently got VATSIM and I am having some trouble with my audio. I open X-Plane, connect to my headphones, and everything sounds normal. I can hear my engine, switches when I toggle them, etc. However, once I connect through XSquawkbox my aircraft's audio stops. I can hear people talking on the frequencies fine, but even when nobody is talking my aircraft doesn't make any noise. Does anybody know how to fix this? I have Windows 10, X-Plane 11, the latest XSquawkbox, and bluetooth headphones. I apologize ahead of time if this is a duplicate topic, but I didn't find any other forums about this when I looked. Thank you!

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

I've commented on this many times before in the forums here and at x-plane.org, but you can't mix stereo playback and monoaural capture on bluetooth audio devices - that requires the use of two separate bluetooth profiles (A2DP+Handset) which basically results in undefined behaviour (and as a result, is not supported).

If you want to run aircraft and simulator audio through the headset as well, you will need to use a conventional USB headset or a wireless headset that uses a proprietary link (not bluetooth) that supports stereo playback and monaural capture simultaneously.

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

• 1 year later...
Chancy Law
Posted
Posted

I have an asus rog strix go 2.5 wireless headset, it uses a 2.4ghz dongle plugged into a usb port. It shows up as a USB headset. I can't find any information on what settings to use or look for in order for the sounds and voice from vatsim to work. Depending on which vatsim client I use I get aircraft sounds and no voice or vice versa. All the searches I do point back to this forum post. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.