You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot causing crashes in xplane 11.50 final

Jonas Koch

Jonas Koch
Posted
Posted

Hey.
I have recently updated to 11.50, I was not running the betas. xPilot seems to crash xplane. I am on  X-Plane 11.50r3 (build 115033 64-bit)
Since updating to 11.50 I haven't been able to complete a flight on vatsim. Xplane keeps crashing it happens from anywhere between 15-35ish minutes. I searched online, seems like many had the same problems in the beta, but did not see any solutions. I am almost certain that it's an xpilot problem, I did some testing in various planes. I have been replicating the exact same flight right after the crash, without running xpilot and no crash. I am on the latest version of xpilot, with bluebell csl(I believe it to be the latest version as well).

Is it a known issue in the final release of 11.50? or has anyone heard of a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Jonas

• Jonas Koch changed the title to xPilot causing crashes in xplane 11.50 final
Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Did you make a clean installation? Any plugins installed? There have been issues with outdated versions of LittleXPConnect, specifically v1.0.18. You need to use 1.0.19 or newer, if this is the case.

Jonas Koch
Posted
Posted

I must admit that I did not do a clean install yet, because it was running fine to start with, both when flying offline and when doing VFR on vatsim with little to no traffic. My xplane is "fairly pure" so I thought I'd update the plugins etc. and give it a go. My LittleXPConnect on the other hand is version 1.0.18. I totally forgot that one. Well I will try to update it and give it a go.

Thanks a lot for your help. 

Jonas 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Then I hope that updating LittleXPConnect will solve your case. It's a show stopper not only for xPilot, but also for swift and probably for XSquawkbox as well.

• Thanks 1

Jonas Koch
Posted
Posted

Hello again. 
So I tried removing littlexpconnect just to rule it in og out. With the plugin disabled I was able to do a vatsim flight with no crashes. So I am very certain that it was the problem, haven't been able to complete a flight on 11.50 before. Next step is to try with the new update. 

Once again thanks a lot for the help that was really a great tip!

Cheers Jonas

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Just to be sure: if you wish to use LittleNavMap you will have to install LittleXPConnect. Just make sure you install the latest release of the plugin and you'll be fine.

Denis Shestakov
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi!

Several Xpilot users have reported CTD when switching VR mode back to ON after non-VR flying for some time. Managed to find out that it does not happen using Xsquawkbox so looks like Xpilot could be involved into this issue. Can you please help us out with any advise? 

Here are 3 threades on the .org with reported issue:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/225061-ctd-when-switching-to-vr/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/226311-1150rc3/
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/224759-crash-when-switching-vr-on/

Edited by Denis Shestakov

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

I don’t own a VR headset so I don’t have a way of testing this, so I probably won’t be able to do anything to fix it.

Looking briefly at the logs in the links you posted, none of them indicate that xPilot caused X-Plane to crash. All the logs end with

--=={This application has crashed!}==--

If it’s an xPilot crash, it would normally end with 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

If there’s a crash dump from the crash (rpt or dmp file, located in the output/crash_reports folder in the X-Plane application folder), then upload it to a file sharing website, like Google Drive. 

• Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 1 month later...
Michael Revesz
Posted
Posted
On 10/5/2020 at 11:25 PM, Jonas Koch said:

Hello again. 
So I tried removing littlexpconnect just to rule it in og out. With the plugin disabled I was able to do a vatsim flight with no crashes. So I am very certain that it was the problem, haven't been able to complete a flight on 11.50 before. Next step is to try with the new update. 

Once again thanks a lot for the help that was really a great tip!

Cheers Jonas

I can in parts confirm the experience:

for some time (not for long, though) whenever I connected to vatsim with xPilot, XP11.50rc crashed. As soon as littlexpconnect was removed this never happened any more.
Also interesting finding: all the troubles only happened after i had to install XPUIPC (which I didn't have to use before). Only, I am not sure if around the same time of installing XPUIPC there was a xPilot or littlexpconnect update.

The log messages were more or less randomly showing either plugin or XP's plugin-manager as the culprit. I do have a bit of a hunch, that XPUIPC may play a role in this. Can anybody confirm this?

• 2 weeks later...
Grant Williams
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, Justin Shannon said:

I don’t own a VR headset so I don’t have a way of testing this, so I probably won’t be able to do anything to fix it.

Looking briefly at the logs in the links you posted, none of them indicate that xPilot caused X-Plane to crash. All the logs end with

--=={This application has crashed!}==--

If it’s an xPilot crash, it would normally end with 

--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

If there’s a crash dump from the crash (rpt or dmp file, located in the output/crash_reports folder in the X-Plane application folder), then upload it to a file sharing website, like Google Drive. 

Hey there! On mobile so I can’t post my logs at the moment. My Xplane is crashing but it is not indicated as “crashing” in the log. Rather that it was exited... however, I am not exiting it. 

i am suspicious of CSL being the culprit. But will post my logs later when I get a chance. 

what are your thoughts on the log not explicitly saying Xplane crashes?

Grant Williams
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

Thanks Rob! I turned my PC off for the night do vouldn’t get to them. You’re a heck of a guy!

• 3 weeks later...
Ben Bruegeman
Posted
Posted

I have been having a similar problem.  I'm receiving an X-plane "Failed to allocate a GPU buffer" crash error 

• Usually happens around 3 hours into a flight, does not matter payware or stock aircraft
  • I am showing 60-70 FPS throughout the entire flight, on the ground and in the air - by this I "should" be able to turn UP my rendering settings.  
  • I was told to do a "clean install" of x-plane 11, which I did, not an "upgrade".  I then installed the minimum amount of plugins that I felt I needed to fly on VatSim.  Installed xPilot without xplane running.
  • I have downloaded a few custom scenery packages but looking at the LOG that doesn't seem to be the problem.  
  • I have a very robust graphics card - GeForce GTX 1080Ti driver 460.89.  Should handle this just fine.  
  • Happens using both Vulkan and without.

I have essentially narrowed it down to xPilot.  When I disable xPilot, I can complete flights longer than 3 hours.  With xPilot and ON LINE Vatsim, I crash.  I'm not 100% sure on this because there is no Xplane Crashed Because of XYZ on the end of any log files.  Just 

So I'm trying to figure out why at about 3+ hrs the graphics overloads the memory and crashes.  Thanks! 🙂

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfjOFUIei_TMak5dXt2NotKpOqqyfxP1/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N8SzSsVrxNd2zzPMmyviqz-GCJJHZ6Rp/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQuAS-U_fpYZ83mCz4dRSYYVJA7fSQKx/view?usp=sharing

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Ben, have you submitted a bug report to Laminar? They are the ones that need to fix the Vulkan device loss/out of memory crashes.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Ben Bruegeman
Posted
Posted

Yes, when the sim crashes I have submitted the bug reports via the pop up box.  Is there anything else I need to do?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Is it related to this (below)?  A user says he solved it with video graphics drivers reinstallation.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png