You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Bug reporting topic: Invisible planes in MSFS

Jannis Deutsch

Jannis Deutsch
Posted
Posted

Hello all,

I currently have an issue with the visibility of the other planes. When I connect to the network, the others are visible for only a few moments, then they disappear.

I'm using the newest version of vPilot 2.6.6

I have turned the AI traffic and ATC completely off in the simulator.

Greetings

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

• Jannis Deutsch

• Matthew Bartels

• Diego Vasquez

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson 11 posts

• Jannis Deutsch

Jannis Deutsch 8 posts

• Matthew Bartels

Matthew Bartels 4 posts

• Diego Vasquez

Diego Vasquez 4 posts

Popular Days

• Sep 19 2020

6 posts

• Oct 2 2020

5 posts

• Sep 18 2020

4 posts

• Sep 11 2020

4 posts

Popular Posts

Matthew Bartels

As an update. We are in discussion with Asobo about this issue. Please keep the bug reports coming!

Ross Carlson

Yeah, that's enough info, thanks.

Ross Carlson

After a conversation I had with an Asobo dev team member, they are now aware of how to reproduce this issue and have it on their list to fix it. So it should be taken care of in a future update of MSF

Posted Images

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Please open the debug window with the .debug command and let me know if you see any messages about why the aircraft were deleted.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Jannis Deutsch
Posted
Posted

Hello,

there is no error message from vPilot.

It seems it happens when I play with time and weather in MSFS.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not asking about error messages, I'm asking about any messages at all in the .debug window.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Are you having trouble seeing other VATSIM traffic in MSFS? Submit details about it on this topic!

Make sure:
- Set your multiplayer and A.I. settings both to "off".
- There is traffic where you are, and that there are supposed to be planes there
- You tell us which version of vPilot you are using.

Thank you!

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

• Mats Edvin Aaro pinned this topic
Elan Shudnow
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have multiplayer and A.I settings both to off.  I few into a Class B airspace and ATC told me I was third in line but I saw no planes in the air nor did I see any planes on my VFR Map.  I'm using vPilot 2.6.7.  Also, not using any addons.

Edited by Elan Shudnow

Elan Shudnow
Posted
Posted

So I think traffic actually may be working.  I just saw a plane takeoff at JFK.  I looked at Simaware and apparently a plane did just takeoff from that same runway at the same time I saw it while connected.  I guess the problem is, why aren't the planes showing up on my VFR Map?  And when I was landing in a Class B yesterday and was told I was third in line, I could not see any other planes in the air. 

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
On 9/15/2020 at 3:11 PM, Elan Shudnow said:

So I think traffic actually may be working.  I just saw a plane takeoff at JFK.  I looked at Simaware and apparently a plane did just takeoff from that same runway at the same time I saw it while connected.  I guess the problem is, why aren't the planes showing up on my VFR Map?  And when I was landing in a Class B yesterday and was told I was third in line, I could not see any other planes in the air. 

That's a whole other issue. The TCAS and traffic maps do not pick up VATSIM traffic as they haven't been programmed to do so. This is a good topic to submit to zendesk.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Elan Shudnow
Posted
Posted

So I did quite a bit of testing today outside of Vatsim with my live traffic settings turned on.  It appears the only planes that show up on the VFR Map are Real-Life Planes.  FS2020 Players do not show up on the VFR Map.  I submitted a bug to Zendesk.

Emanuel Hjalm
Posted
Posted

Hey!

I did some flying in vatsim with my partner and we noticed a problem. During longer trips (20 minutes or more) so when we land we do not see each other at all. What could this be due to? It is not the intention that online traffic should disappear. Someone who has an idea or solution. Because this does not work in the loins. I useing 2.6.7 and still i have the problem.

Thanks in advance

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted
On 9/16/2020 at 10:14 PM, Matthew Bartels said:

That's a whole other issue. The TCAS and traffic maps do not pick up VATSIM traffic as they haven't been programmed to do so. This is a good topic to submit to zendesk.

Dear Matthew, could VATSIM also try to escalate these type of issues to Asobo/Microsoft through the FS2020 partnership?

And if not, what type of partnership is it then?

• Mats Edvin Aaro changed the title to Bug reporting topic: Invisible planes in MSFS
Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Diego Vasquez said:

Dear Matthew, could VATSIM also try to escalate these type of issues to Asobo/Microsoft through the FS2020 partnership?

And if not, what type of partnership is it then?

I am sure they are aware, but I can't imagine it being a very prioritized case there now.. 🙂 I'm sure it'll all come eventually!

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

• Mats Edvin Aaro pinned this topic
Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

I am sure they are aware, but I can't imagine it being a very prioritized case there now.. 🙂 I'm sure it'll all come eventually!

I agree it would be wishful thinking to hope that an issue like this could be made by anybody their top priority right now.

I am however, not sure that they aware of it - at least not as we understand it: that VATSIM traffic is virtually invisible without it properly showing up in aircraft radar units and TACAS systems. I am creating my Zendesk report as we speak write.

That's why I asked... is VATSIM actively engaging Asobo/Microsoft through their partnership, so that we don't end up just hoping for "it all coming eventually" ?

Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

vpilot 2.6.7 - Today my friend and I connected at an airport, next to each other. He could see me but I could not see him at all.

We are using the same vpilot update (current), on MSFS. Yesterday it was working fine, but today it's not oddly. We've disconnected and reconnected and both checked to ensure we are not accidentally in observer mode and everything seems fine except for the fact that I cannot see him.

I've checked .debug and the only message there is the version 2.6.7 message - no error codes etc either. My modelmatching is showing correctly, audio/text is working for both of us too - he's just invisible to me.

Emanuel Hjalm
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, Luke Carter said:

vpilot 2.6.7 - Today my friend and I connected at an airport, next to each other. He could see me but I could not see him at all.

We are using the same vpilot update (current), on MSFS. Yesterday it was working fine, but today it's not oddly. We've disconnected and reconnected and both checked to ensure we are not accidentally in observer mode and everything seems fine except for the fact that I cannot see him.

I've checked .debug and the only message there is the version 2.6.7 message - no error codes etc either. My modelmatching is showing correctly, audio/text is working for both of us too - he's just invisible to me.

I have the same problem.

Diego Vasquez
Posted
Posted

I am doing a flight on the FS2020 A320Neo from KFLL over the Caribbean and I was pleasantly surprised to see airport ground traffic appearing on the Nav Display (for the first time).

I did not immediately also see airborne traffic however (besides out the window of course)... it appears there is a very small radius filter for ND traffic?

Jannis Deutsch
Posted
Posted

I can confirm all of this!

Marcel Haffner
Posted
Posted

Same here. Flew into LOWW today. I was number two behind RyanAir E9G. I saw him in Vatsim Maps and we coordinated via Unicom but could not see him. Not during final nor on the ground. Ghosts those RyanAirs 😉

Marcel Haffner
Posted
Posted

... Mmhhh .... just found this post ... it suggest to set multiplayer to group. Did anyone try this. It’s late here I will try tomorrow and report back. 

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

can all of you experiencing these problems type .aircraft in your vPilot window and paste the screenshot of the Aircraft window here?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

John Golin
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Ross Carlson

edit:

• vPilot version 2.6.7
  • All MSFS traffic off

After vPilot is connected, if I change the Time in MSFS using the slider, the aircraft that were 'Active' status in the .aircraft windows disappear from the window (and MSFS) and reappear in the .aircraft window as 'Ignored', no longer showing in MSFS.

image.png.e931c5615622625479ceee5c0af43251.png

Disconnect and reconnect doesn't fix, but if I close vPilot , open it again and reconnect, they're back as 'Active' and in MSFS.

image.png.85b3bc1dc65d9629d6d847e23b851047.png

Edited by John Golin

Marcel Haffner
Posted
Posted

As requested ... the screenshot from the .aircraft command at today´s destination at EDDV.  Looks like aircraft are received.... unfortunately can not confirm today if they were actually visible as I was only plane at EDDV - sorry.

FS2020, patch2:  AI off, Multiplayer Off, Live Traffic On. (General - Traffic - Aircraft Traffic Type: Real-Time Online), ATC Voices: On, Weather&Time: Live

vPilot 2.6.7.

Thx for the great vPilot software and thx for looking into it.

97032653_Screenshot(24).png.00c82874d7cbc185d801db2cabe7cc9c.png

John Golin
Posted
Posted

G'day, 

Just checking if this was enough information to help or whether there is more desired - I didn't capture the .debug window but changing the time in MSFS results in 100% reproducible loss of aircraft.

Jannis Deutsch
Posted
Posted

Hey all,

New Situation: No planes visible from start, no time or weather change. Same showing on vPilot as above.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2020 at 6:08 PM, John Golin said:

G'day, 

Just checking if this was enough information to help or whether there is more desired - I didn't capture the .debug window but changing the time in MSFS results in 100% reproducible loss of aircraft.

Yeah, that's enough info, thanks.

• Like 1

• Matthew Bartels changed the title to Bug reporting topic: Invisible planes in MSFS