You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

"DISCONNECTED FROM NETWORK"

Christopher Boydell

Christopher Boydell
Posted
Posted

Hi

I am having a problem trying to connect on to the VATSIM via VPilot. I opened a ticket with VATSIM and suggested I changed my password, which I did. I am running the most up-to-date version of 2.6.7. I have also tried changing the server to all other servers and still get the same error. It was working absolutely fine when I last flew online in July but it seems to have just stopped. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and really stuck on where to go next.

Please, can anyone help?

image.png.8642f9949f4af11ffd19eeebe9dca4e0.png

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Looks like an issue between your computer and your ISP.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Christopher Boydell
Posted
Posted

How do I solve that problem? Any ideas?

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Check all of your router / modem settings to ensure that you don't have a problem locally, otherwise check with your ISP. 

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Christopher Boydell
Posted
Posted (edited)

Done everything there, even tried turning off my entire Protection. This is the only software that isn't working unfotunately. I can get online with everything else and have other 3rd party software connected up also, like ActiveSky and EFB and Chase Plane. 

Please forum, you're my only hope 😉

image.png.d282d41710416674954e20477473c3c5.png

Edited by Christopher Boydell

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I've tested your credentials on the network and connected fine.  I'm afraid I'm at a loss, other to say that I'm pretty certain that it's not a VATSIM-side issue.  I'm sorry, not the answer you were hoping for, but maybe one more piece of the puzzle.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I don't recall ever seeing a case where the user got disconnected from the network without any error message at all. I'm afraid that leaves me nothing to go on.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Christopher Boydell
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Don Desfosse said:

I've tested your credentials on the network and connected fine.  I'm afraid I'm at a loss, other to say that I'm pretty certain that it's not a VATSIM-side issue.  I'm sorry, not the answer you were hoping for, but maybe one more piece of the puzzle.

Thanks for trying anyway. 

I'm at a complete loss, tried reinstalling it again today but still same issue. Is there a forum for the developers of VPilot or is it just on the Vatsim site do you know?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Christopher Boydell said:

Is there a forum for the developers of VPilot or is it just on the Vatsim site do you know?

Ross is the developer of vPilot.

Christopher Boydell
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Ross is the developer of vPilot.

Oh boy, I'm screwed. Thanks anyway 😞

Jeff Griswold
Posted
Posted

I am having the same issue. 

• 3 weeks later...
Marvin Lang
Posted
Posted

I have the same issue + the controllers voice is always broken at the end of call or in between. seems like i am loosing connection all the time. Have this problem for only 2 days now. Please help, cant enjoy flying like this

THX!!!