You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPlane audio cutout.

Paul Robson

Paul Robson
Posted
Posted

Arch Linux X-Plane 11.50std Swift 0.9.5.131b Pulseaudio

There appears to be some issue regarding ownership of the audio output. If I run X-Plane on its own its sound works fine. If I run Swift on its own on the loopback test it works fine as well. However, if I start Swift then X-Plane the audio out cuts out at the exact moment when the simulator main display appears (presumably it grabs the audio at this point).

The mic appears to be working fine, as the bar still animates indicating data coming through, but the output is flat. Closing X-Plane does not restore it, but restarting Swift solves the problem.

It says output is via "OpenALsoft" ; is this grabbing ownership of the stream ?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Paul,

correct, the audio loopback test in swiftGUI works only when X-Plane is not connected to swift. So far it has not been a problem, because when you are in the SIM you can create your own little loopback by setting the same frequency on COM1 and COM2, one of the COMs to TX and RX and the other one to RX. If you now speak, you should hear your echo.

Paul Robson
Posted
Posted

Thanks, I will give it a try this evening. This would explain it 🙂

Paul Robson
Posted
Posted

Yep, works great. My bad. Might be worst disabling that checkbox when connected ? Minor detail 🙂