You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Inability to listen to two radios (COM1 and COM2) at the same time on FS2020

Gal Barak

Gal Barak
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a misconfiguration on my part.

While the Communicating with Controllers documentation section stated that COM1 and COM2 should be able to work at the same time (listen only, of course), I am able to listen only to the COM channel I set to both listen and transmit (and of course, I can choose to transmit only on one of these). FS2020.

Is there something I'm supposed to do, to configure this ability, and I might have missed? Didn't find anything on the website...

Thanks!

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Make sure that you have your audio control panel on your aircraft set correctly. It's possible that the functionality doesn't work correctly in the MSFS planes, due to the simconnect variables they use, but we would need to further test that to be sure. 

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Gal Barak
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Matthew Bartels - Thanks for the reply.

This is how it looks:

image.thumb.png.aa257abe533a2e3f7662c2cf5b82f4e5.png

126.550 is ATIS, so should always be heard in this setup (including in the upper part of the image), if I understand correctly (If I use the in-game AI ATC, this is what happens).

If you suspect it's a bug, and there is additional information I can provide somehow, I'll be glad to assist 🙂

Thanks!

Gal

Edited by Gal Barak

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I haven't checked whether or not this has been fixed in one of the patches, but I know that this was a bug in the initial release version of the MSFS G1000.

• Like 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Gal Barak
Posted
Posted

Thanks very much to both of you. I'll be waiting [in]patiently to the patch 🙂

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It works perfectly in the community-modded C152X -- which you can use if you don't mind flying without a DME.  Or an autopilot.  😉

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 1 month later...
Teemu Pienimaki 828685
Posted
Posted

Initial fix for this is to enable COM RECEIVE BOTH simvariable, you can map this variable via FSUIPC for any button.