You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Flight plan when contacting ATC

John Dunbar

John Dunbar
Posted
Posted

I recently submitted a flight plan via the Simbrief page to Vatsim, and when I called to receive my IFR clearance,, it was not on file?  I then went back to Simbrief and edit my flight and regenerated the flight plan. I then went to Vatsim to look at the flight plan and it was there. To make sure the ATC in fact did receive it I clicked the button (file Flt pln). I waited a few minutes then I contacted ATC and requested clearance request. ATC, came back and said that they didn't have a request on file. After trying several times, I then reload the simbrief and Vpilot software just to make, once loaded the same thing occurred.

Vpilot had being working just fine up until last night 10/07/20.

Thank you in advance.

John Dunbar

Michael Krause
Posted
Posted

Hi John,

when this issue happens again, please send the URL that Simbrief sends to the PreFiling page of Vatsim or a screenshot of that page.
My guess is in the direction of a typo in the callsign which leads to a mismatch of flight plan and your login. The explain - you can have multiple flight plans in the system for different callsigns at the same time - it's not tied to your login. I see you login with slightly different callsigns so maybe this was the case?

You can have a flight plan in the system for DAL1234 but if you login as DAL4321 there will be no match - if you then file in for example vPilot another flight plan this will be in the system for DAL4321 (you cannot send a flight plan for a different callsign via the client) and suddenly "the problem" is resolved although now there are two flight plans in the system - the original one for DAL1234 and the new one for DAL4321.

Might also be a different issue - but that's the solution in 95% of the cases - for more we would need to have additional info as already stated.

Cheers
Michael