You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Swift

Miklos Cserny

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

I have not flown with VATSIM for a while. Previously I have used SQAWKBOX, but now I realised it has been disabled, that is when I tried to fly with it, it would not connect.

So I have downloaded SWIFT, installed it to fly with FS9. I have booted up FS, but after about one minute it just turned off. This has happened all the time.

Obviously, there is something wrong with the installation of SWIFT to affect my simulator. After uninstalling SWIFT, my simulator is still inoperative.

Thank you in advance of your help.

Miklos

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Miklos,

we never had something like this happen to anyone else. Something else must have happened, because swift is not doing anything with FS9 apart from connecting to the Multiplayer function of the simulator.

What version of swift did you install? In what directory? What "turns off"? FS just closes without a message? Or swift?

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Hi Andreas,

I have the simulator installed in drive D, due to the fact that C is rather full. At first I have installed Swift into FS9, did not work, but turned off the Sim. I have de-installed Swift, re-installed it into C:/Program Files(x 86) On booting up FS9 and starting Swift after about 15 seconds the FS just turns off without any messages. The version I used was 64-0.9.5.131.exe

Best regards,

Miklos

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Miklos,

first of all, for FS9 you need to use the 32bit version of swift, because FS9 and FSUIPC for FS9 are 32bit-applications (https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=download_swift_installer).

You can install swift on the same drive D:\ as your flight simulator, but better install it in a separate folder outside the SIM-directory, for example in D:\FS-Online\swift-0.9.5-32bit (that's how I installed swift on my system).

Uninstall swift again, but also make sure you delete it's AppData directory to start a full fresh installation. The directory looks like this: C:\Users\*yourusername*\AppData\Local\org.swift-project\. Simply delete the entire org.swift-project path. More info: https://docs.swift-project.org/doku.php?id=uninstalling_swift

As to why your SIM suddenly crashes after a few seconds, I do not have an answer. But I will say with a high degree of confidence that it is not the fault of swift, because the program does not fiddle with FS9 at all, it does not install or delete any files from it, because it is truly a standalone-app.

Do you use Discord? Or Skye and TeamViewer? We could try to have a look at your FS9 directory together to find the error.

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Dear Andreas,

I have installed the Swift as per your instructions. Installed it as per YouTube. On start up or pressing GUI I have the following message, that can be seen on the attached screen shot.

Best regards,

Miklos

-2020-oct-14-001.jpg

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Do you have some kind of anti-virus software that is not allowing connections? The easiest would be a screenshare session to have a better look at it.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted (edited)

Dear Andreas,

I have downloaded TeamViewer, so you may be able to help me. 

Awaiting your call.

Best regards,

Miklos

Edited by Miklos Cserny

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted

Sorry Andreas, but I do not have your e-mail address

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

You could send me a private message here on the forum. I will send you one. But also delete the access data that you posted here yesterday, for your own security.

Miklos Cserny
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

You could send me a private message here on the forum. I will send you one. But also delete the access data that you posted here yesterday, for your own security.

Thank you.