You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Exam - Orientation test for new members Check Submit Error 500 Server error

Fabian Bittlingmaier

Fabian Bittlingmaier
Posted
Posted

Hello, when I hand in my exam orientation for new members, the message comes: 500 server errors

please fix this error

Best regards

Fabian

Screenshot (87).png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Looking into it!

Me.

Fabian Bittlingmaier
Posted
Posted

Sorry to say that, but the error message 500 server error is still there because I cannot submit my test. Please correct the error 😞🤬😡

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Hey Fabian, at which point exactly do you get the error? When saving the exam? What URL are you at when you click the button and after you click it? Which answers have you selected in the exam for each question?

If you don’t want to post the answers here, please send them to my email down in my signature and we’ll try to get you sorted!

Me.

Brett Willis
Posted
Posted

I have the same error when attempting to click the link on section 4 of the orientation. I am not able to access the test.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Fabian’s issue was solved. Do you have a translator for the website enabled by any chance? Also, could you please let me know what link you see when the 500 error displays, please?

Cheers,

Me.

Christopher Middleton
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am getting a 404 when trying to access the exam. (Chrome or Edge)

Edited by Christopher Middleton

Matan Budimir
Posted
Posted

You're getting a 404 because you don't have any assigned exams.

Matan budimir
Senior Web Developer
## [email protected]
## www.vatsim.net
## ##
MeyrHZn.jpg

Christopher Middleton
Posted
Posted

Which begs the question, do I need to have assigned exams as a prospective pilot, and if so, how do I get them assigned?

As a general comment, can I say that I've not found the newbie process very obvious, or easy. There is no obvious or clear pathway of what exactly to do, and there are other 404 pages. In the case in point, why no explanatory message, rather than a 404 which just looks like a broken website?

Tomas Hansson
Posted
Posted

Only members that joined after August 17, 2020 need to take the intro exam (P0). Anyone who joined before that date was grandfathered in. You can see your pilot ratings by going to either stats.vatsim.net or my.vatsim.net.

Tomas Hansson