You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 3 Release Date

Juan Casado

Juan Casado
Posted
Posted

Hi all!

I have been looking for this issue in the forum but I have not found anything so if there is some topic about this sorry...

I know I can use xPilot or Swift but I like XSquawkBox so I would like continue using the v3, but although Chris Collins says in his web that "It’ll be ready when it’s ready" he says also that "I’ve been working on it this long weekend, and assuming I even finish it before 11.50 goes stable" but still not news, so someone knows something about this?

Thank you

Intel Core i5 de sis nuclis a 3,7 GHz de novena generació (Turbo Boost de fins a 4,6 GHz) | 8 GB de memòria DDR4 a 2.666 MHz | Radeon Pro 580X amb 8 GB de memòria GDDR5 | 2 TB d'emmagatzematge Fusion Drive | Pantalla Retina 5K P3 amb 5.120 per 2.880 píxels

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Chris' latest statement here was:

As always, It'll be ready when it's ready.  I do not give release estimates until I'm sure I can hit them. 

You can always use the GL renderer for now, or if you must have vk/metal, please use another client if you can't wait.

I will not be cannibalising XSB 2.x for the X-Plane 11 users - I've always made it clear that X-Plane 10 was getting one last supported release, and that's what 2.x is.

I haven't had a lot of time the past few months to do anything, and in the few moments I've had, I've been largely trying to fix the TCAS support for 11.50 correctly so I can get back to finishing off the new UI.

Juan Casado
Posted
Posted

Thank you Andreas

Intel Core i5 de sis nuclis a 3,7 GHz de novena generació (Turbo Boost de fins a 4,6 GHz) | 8 GB de memòria DDR4 a 2.666 MHz | Radeon Pro 580X amb 8 GB de memòria GDDR5 | 2 TB d'emmagatzematge Fusion Drive | Pantalla Retina 5K P3 amb 5.120 per 2.880 píxels