You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Disconnect right after connect due to no valid default model set

Robert Daniel Droege

Robert Daniel Droege
Posted
Posted (edited)

So as soon as I connect vpilot, I start to get the list of ATC online but always and every time disconnects me with error message saying “Failed to create aircraft N12345 using default model c_152 .” I opened settings, MSFS model matching indicates if found 34 models but in the advanced tab, the list is blank so I do not know what to call my “Default Model”. I attached multiple screenshots. Thanks guys!

Bob Droege

3FF8B23C-B79A-414B-8D48-4D628922C8EB.jpeg

367E0209-4757-407E-95D2-B56CF590C25E.jpeg

AF2E82AE-B9F4-4894-8442-ADCA648264E9.jpeg

Edited by Robert Daniel Droege
Name spelled wrong

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted

Yep. C_152 is not a model in MSFS. vPilot defaults to the Generic Airliner Quad Engines Asobo 00.  Not sure why it did not for you. To fix this problem please copy and paste the following into your default model window, then hit apply and ok.

Generic Airliner Quad Engines Asobo 00

• Like 1

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Matthew Bartels said:

Not sure why it did not for you.

He must have changed it.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

• 1 year later...
Thomas Jorgensen
Posted
Posted
On 10/17/2020 at 6:08 PM, Matthew Bartels said:

Yep. C_152 is not a model in MSFS. vPilot defaults to the Generic Airliner Quad Engines Asobo 00.  Not sure why it did not for you. To fix this problem please copy and paste the following into your default model window, then hit apply and ok.

Generic Airliner Quad Engines Asobo 00

After MONTHS with the same problem, and frustration of not being able to enjoy VATSIM at it's full potential, this was my solution !! For some reason, in my VPilot, the default model was " Generic Airliner Twin Egine Asobo 00", and THAT was the source of my ptoblem. I just changed it by your default "Quad Engines", and now it runs smooth as it never did before  ! THANK YOU !