You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Double flight plan

Peter Kraus

Peter Kraus
Posted
Posted

Why do I get a double filed flight plan? I click on the Flight Plan button in xPilot, enter the info and the click File and the window closes.

double flight plans.jpg

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted

Happens nearly everytime I file a flight plan, and I'm not sure this is anyway related to xPilot itself.

I even had occasions where the flight plan was listed trice...

Christoph Reule
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

Everytime a FPL gets edited by ATC, a new version is registered. That's why you will see multiple FPLs for one flight.

The "double flight plan" phenomenon also occurs if nothing gets edited by ATC.

Edited by Christoph Reule

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Ah, interesting, that's contrary to what we have experienced so far. There should be copies only when FPLs get amended. I just checked it for my flight from last night, ASA61. There are 3 versions, although I amended the FPL only once. No idea where the excess FPL came from.

Peter Kraus
Posted
Posted

So at least I'm not alone with this phenomenon .

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

This was brought up a long time ago.  Some FPLs show eight, nine, ten revisions where nothing has changed.  And many show that they were edited by "{ICAO}_ATIS" which of course isn't possible.  I'll find the previous thread and/or some examples when I get a chance later. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png