You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VRC tower

Ryan Guffey 956726

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

Ok I think this should be posted here. I do everything right I think... I start FS9.1 then I slew over to the tower. I then start VRC and start the multiplayer session throught File, Start MP session. I then connect to Vatsim and log in as Tower. I set comms and still dont see anything. I try to connect to Vatsim first then try to do the multiplayer session but with no luck? I dont have to use SB in anyway right? I just tried it and I get the message saying unable to connect.

VATSIM Supervisor

Richard Jenkins
Posted
Posted

Are you manually connecting FS to the multiplayer session? VRC only creates the session, but you need to manually connect it within FS.

RJ

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

no how do i do that?

VATSIM Supervisor

Ryan Guffey 956726
Posted
Posted

ahh i got it.. i never saw that you have to use the SB IP address.. sweet Very awesome Ross and big thanks

VATSIM Supervisor

James Hudson 951027
Posted
Posted

Click Multiplayer in fs, click connect...ON the top left type XXX_TWR or whatever. ON the right side of that clear it so its blank. Then click search, now to the left below the top name you should see an option. Click it and on the bottom right click join! Hopefully that works

NY T R A C O N A R T C C. JFK ISP LGA EWR PHL...

NY Instructor I1

ZNY Lead Event Coordinator

Braniff International Virtual Airways CEO braniffva.com

Julian Wayne 960331
Posted
Posted

do you go to the airport first?

Thanks,

Julian "JW" Wayne

2558.png

Norman Blackburn
Posted
Posted
do you go to the airport first?

It doesn't matter.

Norman

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

James Hudson 951027
Posted
Posted

well yea. I really doesnt matter because, when you connect, no one sees you, you dont show on VRC or the other players, Your not logging on in Squawk Box therefore your just connecting to the same server, you can only see other people

NY T R A C O N A R T C C. JFK ISP LGA EWR PHL...

NY Instructor I1

ZNY Lead Event Coordinator

Braniff International Virtual Airways CEO braniffva.com

Julian Wayne 960331
Posted
Posted

I can't get it, I downloaded the things I needed and did everything in order. What do I do???

Thanks,

Julian "JW" Wayne

2558.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
I can't get it, I downloaded the things I needed and did everything in order. What do I do???

The exact steps should be:

1) Start VRC.

2) Connect to VATSIM

3) Set your visibility center in VRC. (.vis)

4) Start MP session from VRC File menu.

5) Start MSFS

6) Connect to MP session from MSFS

7) Enjoy the show

Note that you can start the MP session at any time after you fire up VRC. You do not have to be connected to VATSIM first, and you don't have to have MSFS running. It doesn't matter if you ARE conneted to VATSIM first, or have MSFS running first. It makes no difference.

The important thing is that you set your visibility center. VRC will only add planes to the MP session (so that they show up within MSFS) if they are within 15 NM of your primary visibilty center as set with .vis.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Julian Wayne 960331
Posted
Posted

i got it , ty alot.

Thanks,

Julian "JW" Wayne

2558.png