You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATMENA1/2 Resignation

• resignation

Ahmed Radwan

Ahmed Radwan
Posted
Posted

Dear VATMENA Members,

It is with profound sorrow that I announce, on behalf of Ahmed Yehia and myself, that we have resigned from our positions as VATMENA1 and VATMENA2, respectively and effective immediately. Although we are sad to leave the divisional staff team, we believe that this is the right time for us to step down from the divisional leadership, hoping to allow the chance for new blood to inject new ideas into the division, ensuring its sustainability.

When Ahmed and I were recruited into the divisional management team, almost 15 months ago, the division faced many problems. We have since prioritised these problems and set high targets for the division to achieve over the next 12 month. We have started with a team made of a divisional director and deputy director only, but have now reached an 8-members divisional team, all working hard to implement the best services to VATSIM members.

We updated the whole of the divisional policy and updated the CPT and INS policies and procedures to make sure that all examinations are fair and of the same level across the whole division. We have also overseen the planning of a new version of the popular VATMENA Cross the Land event, which came out more successfully than any of us imagined. Also recently, we have struck an agreement with VATSAF and the region to acquire and run almost ten new vACCs from the defunct VATNAF division. We have faced many hurdles, but have navigated through them successfully with the help of the strong divisional team.

Simon Irvine, VATEMEA1, has accepted our resignation earlier today, and as said before, we are sad to leave, but we believe its the right decision. Chriss Klosowski has been chosen by ourselves and the region to become acting/interim Divisional Director until the VATEMEA region completes the recruitment process of a new DD. 

Ahmed and I will continue to be available to reach on [email protected] & [email protected], respectively, and we are happy to help in the future as needed.

Wishing you blue skies always,
Ahmed Radwan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
AHMED RADWAN
Deputy Director
##  [email protected]   
##  www.vatme.net

Signature.png.ebeb12713b17feaba5b97c3b8a413f39.png

Nick Marinov
Posted
Posted

Thanks to both of you for the work you have put in! Enjoy the free time you'll get now.

NICK MARINOV
Assistant to the Vice President
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Supervisor Team Leader

## [email protected]
Facebook Twitter Instagram
VATSIM Logo

Chriss Klosowski
Posted
Posted

Thanks to both of you for what you have helped in the division in the last few months. Best of luck to the both of you and hope to still see you on the network!

CHRISS KLOSOWSKI
Division Director, VATSIM Middle East & North Africa  
VATSIM Network Senior Supervisor, Team 5
##  [email protected] 
##
 http://vatsim.me/    

1185353147_Signature(1).png.e6818c4256541cb309a1888bad7c9d33.png