You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

error Failed to create aircraft (Not mine, though)

Eren Yildirir

Eren Yildirir
Posted
Posted

"Failed to create aircraft ASA28 using the default model CC19"

Throws this error, and force disconnects me.

For reference, I am flying an X-Cub.

My Flight Number is notASA28... ASA28, according to VATspy, was a C700 - Cessna Citation Longitude. And I don't have the DLC for it.

Should it be throwing this error? Or is there something wrong with my installation?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

"CC19" is not a valid model name. Have a look at the vPilot Documentation to understand what the default model is used for.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Eren Yildirir
Posted
Posted

So, is it still the "title" parameter under manifest.json for MSFS that I should be looking for?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Still? It never was! :classic_smile: Manifest.json is a new file that MSFS uses ... it does not exist for FSX or P3D.

As the documentation states, it's the aircraft.cfg file that contains the title(s).

You should just put it back to the value it was to begin with, which is "Generic Airliner Twin Engines Asobo 00". If you want to use some other model as your default, then get the title from the aircraft.cfg file.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

Just installed 2020 and V-Pilot. If I understand correct  (and that is a huge if)  the generic is what other online pilots will see my aircraft as in which case which aircraft is "produced" by this Generic Asobo please.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What other pilots see you as depends entirely on how they have configured their own model matching. Remember not everyone flies MSFS.

The only thing you can do to control how you appear to other users is choose the right callsign and aircraft type code when connecting.

The default model in the model matching configuration in vPilot specifies which model to use to display other aircraft when no suitable model match is found.

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Simner
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that.

When connected vis v{Pilot to FS2020, I was thinking that I was not seeing any other Vatsim/vPilot aircraft.

However this morning I logged on, parked up over at WARR where Vatspy said there was a lot of traffic.  I was seeing other aircraft flying in, landing and taxiing.  When I disconnected they disappeared.

I think that I was looking for labels with each aircraft identifying them.  So that is my next question, should there be?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Peter Simner
Posted
Posted

I have now found the answer re other aircraft ID/labels - there is at present no answer!!!  Over to Ross!!