You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No VATSIM Traffic on Carenado Cirrus SR22 TCAS? FSX/VPilot/FSUIPC/SimConnect

Nick Timm

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted

Didn't quite know where to post this, hopefully this is ok!

Just wondering if anyone else who uses any Carenado aircraft has this problem, or if you are able to see traffic on the aircraft's TCAS? I don't know where to begin, as in I don't know if it's just how Carenado aircraft are setup, or if it's FSUIPC (I only have free version)/SimConnect that isn't allowing it, or maybe something to do with Vpilot.

If anyone has any insight or similar experience, I'd love to hear! I can't seem to find any answers online and I did put in a support ticket to Carenado just inquiring with them, but who knows when I'll hear back.

Thanks in advance.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Are you seeing other planes visually in your simulator?

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

Are you seeing other planes visually in your simulator?

Yes.

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

Hmmm, it might be a problem with MSFS SimConnect integration, if I recall correctly this is a known problem. There might be a workaround, but official support is uncertain at the moment..

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

Hmmm, it might be a problem with MSFS SimConnect integration, if I recall correctly this is a known problem. There might be a workaround, but official support is uncertain at the moment..

Darn! Well thanks for the reply.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

He's on FSX, not MSFS.

Plenty of other aircraft show VATSIM traffic on the TCAS, so I suspect it's a problem with the Carenado aircraft.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted

Yeah that was my initial thinking but then I started wondering if my setup was wrong or something. Still don't know. I've messed with every setting I can think of. FSUIPC doesn't give me any real options in the settings with the free version. SimConnect doesn't have an interface at all, or at least I don't understand how to use it. My Vpilot client is set to show traffic up to 100 nm but i can't even see traffic in my direct vicinity on the TCAS. Not sure anymore.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

If you are seeing the traffic in the sim, visually, out the window, but not in TCAS, then it's definitely not a SimConnect problem. AFAIK FSUIPC is not necessary for aircraft to show traffic on their TCAS, so I don't think it's an FSUIPC issue, but I can't be 100% sure. It's a problem with the Carenado TCAS gauge, most likely. You should reach out to them and ask them what is required in order for traffic to appear on their TCAS.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Nick Timm
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

If you are seeing the traffic in the sim, visually, out the window, but not in TCAS, then it's definitely not a SimConnect problem. AFAIK FSUIPC is not necessary for aircraft to show traffic on their TCAS, so I don't think it's an FSUIPC issue, but I can't be 100% sure. It's a problem with the Carenado TCAS gauge, most likely. You should reach out to them and ask them what is required in order for traffic to appear on their TCAS.

Yeah it’s weird, I did reach out to them. We’ll see what comes of it