You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xpilot problems to connect to VATSIM

vassiliy remizov 829967

vassiliy remizov 829967
Posted
Posted

Hi. when I connect to vatsim default traffic not removed from their stands. I remember that default traffic must removed as connected to network before.

Thanks.   Vasiliy

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

There is an option with X-Plane settings labeled "draw parked aircraft."  Leave this off and it will remove SOME of the static aircraft.  However, many scenery add-on developers add lots of static aircraft to their custom airport packages, and apparently do not designate them correctly as "parked aircraft" because that checkbox has no effect on them.  Other than going into the scenery files themselves and editing out those model placements, you just have to taxi around (or through) them.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

By the way, where you say "default traffic must be removed" -- that's really more crucial when it comes to traffic in the air.  It can cause confusion when a controller asks you to report an aircraft in sight and then follow them to the airport, if the traffic you see is not actually a VATSIM pilot.  But for traffic on the ground, the only problem is that the stand or gate you intend to use might be occupied by a static aircraft and you have to park somewhere else -- a problem which might be annoying and frustrating for you, but, which does not usually cause disruption to controllers or other pilots.  So it's not a big deal.

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

vassiliy remizov 829967
Posted
Posted

Hi thanks for reply to me. Yesterday I connected via xpilot to vatsim at EKCH. There were some traffic online in vatsim and some static traffic on stands. And i saw all online traffic (which were connected to vatsim) were parked on stands which were already occupied static traffic!? I think it should not be!

Vassiliy 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Vassily,

some addon sceneries contain static aircraft and if developers do not offer a version that is free of static aircraft, you can remove those static aircraft (and surrounding ground service objects) manually. It is quite easy, I do it all the time with the Overlay Editor. It can be found here and here.

There is one limitation for this program: it can only read and modify scenery files that are located inside X-Plane 11\Custom Scenery\ . If you have sceneries that are just linked from another place on your computer, you will have to move them at least temporarily to your \Custom Scenery\ directory to modify them.

Also, keep in mind that with an update of a scenery those static aircraft may return.

vassiliy remizov 829967
Posted
Posted

Thanks for reply Andreas I will try do it!

Vassiliy

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, vassiliy remizov 829967 said:

online traffic (which were connected to vatsim) were parked on stands which were already occupied static traffic!? I think it should not be!

They might be flying with scenery or simulator that is different from yours, meaning, in their sim those stands were not occupied. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png