You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot Crashes On Opening

James Allinson

James Allinson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi.

I'm new to VatSim and vPilot but downloaded the client last night and it worked fine. I've fired up my PC this morning and vPilot client refuses to open, instead crashing the the desktop almost immediately. I've uninstalled it, re-installed it, re-downloaded it etc. but no joy.

Any ideas? Could it be Windows defender getting it's grubby paws involved? If it is I can't see how.

Many thanks.

Edited to add - I finally got it to open having run CCleaner with it's registry tidy feature but it brings up the attached error message. Having had this a couple of times it's now crashing to the desktop again. Any help greatly apprecaited!

Untitled.jpg

Edited by James Allinson

James Allinson
Posted
Posted

FWIW, having Googled this error everything was pointing to a sound driver problem. I'd installed the Realtek HD Audio driver yesterday in a bid to make sense of my Headphone Microphone - I've now uninstalled that and vPilot appears to be working fine.

I'll leave this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

The other major cause of this is a Windows Sound Settings issue; i.e. Windows 10 tightly controls what apps are allowed to access your mic (for security reasons) so you need to make sure vPilot is one of them.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

James Allinson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Rob,

Thanks for that. After a LOT of digging around with various settings I've managed to get it sorted and have just completed my first flight.

Thanks very much.

Edited by James Allinson