You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

error vpilot

Dario Rossi

Dario Rossi
Posted
Posted

the program don't run i tried to found a library file but i don't found .

Immagine.jpg

Dario Rossi
Posted
Posted

i tried 2 version of vpilot

Immagine.png

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which flight simulator are you using?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dario Rossi
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi,Fs2020.

Edited by Dario Rossi

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Dario Rossi said:

Hi,Fs2020.

vPilot detects supported simulators by looking in the registry. For MSFS, it looks for these keys:

• SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\Path
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410\Path
  • SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\1250410\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\1250410\Path

It looks for these keys under both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Do you have any of those keys in your registry?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dario Rossi
Posted
Posted

Now i searching for it, I don't know if this can help us but I installed the game in external usb disk for get it to me and play in the other friend computer.

Dario Rossi
Posted
Posted

No i dont found.sorry what should I look for?via the search engine

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Dario, I'm not sure whether I understood your message correctly, but it sounds like you've purchased the game one time and are allowing two different people to use it on two defferent PCs.  If that's the case, you're violating the Terms of Service of your purchase of the software, and should not expect to receive support on how to do so. 

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your message.  Please clarify if I misread. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Dario Rossi
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

Dario, I'm not sure whether I understood your message correctly, but it sounds like you've purchased the game one time and are allowing two different people to use it on two defferent PCs.  If that's the case, you're violating the Terms of Service of your purchase of the software, and should not expect to receive support on how to do so. 

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your message.  Please clarify if I misread. 

I request help for run the program and not for how to share the game.i had asked if the problem is probably if it was due to hard disk installation.i want to show at my friend the game. its not a illegal things

Daniel Mckee
Posted
Posted

The "game" even when installed on an external type SSD, harddrive or USB I am fairly certain that it still requires certain files that are only installed on your internal computer drive. Maybe Robert could confirm or otherwise 😉 For example my "game" is installed on my M.2 SSD called "H" drive however there are a number of files that only install on my root C drive. This restricts the playing of the game to one computer. To show your friend you will have to invite him or her around to your place.