You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

vPilot 2.6.8 Released in Beta Updates Channel

Ross Carlson

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

This version adds a workaround for aircraft being deleted when you change the time or weather in MSFS. The aircraft will still be deleted, since they are deleted by MSFS, not vPilot, but vPilot will attempt to re-add the aircraft after 10 seconds. (vPilot cannot attempt to re-add them immediately, because in some cases, such as when aircraft are deleted by the sim when you go to the main menu, that will fail and throw a nasty error message.)

If you have vPilot configured to download updates from the Beta channel, it will automatically update to this version. Otherwise, you can grab it from the vPilot downloads page.

Please let me know if you have any issues with this change.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

William Matos
Posted
Posted

Thanks for this! It works great. The planes now come back after around 10 seconds from changing the weather as you described. 

Peter Simner
Posted
Posted

Hello

i am running vPilot  and FS2020.  I have disabled AI and Groups in the Sim, but I am unable to see any aircraft when connected to vPilot and I have filed a flight plan etc.  Any ideas.  Can any one send me a screenshot of what I should be seeing please?  I suspect that I have wrong settings etc, but can’t see it at present.  Many thanks.  Peter 

• 3 weeks later...
Julian Pate
Posted
Posted

I am new to VatSim, and simmimg, I run MSFS 2020, so I may have missed some key step, but here is my issue.

I was running vPilot 2.6.8, I replaced it with 2.6.9.  Now I get errors trying to install the  new version.  First system error that says this down load will harm the computer,  When I ignore the errror messages, the install starts, but does not complete, instead it freezes the vPilot sign in screen, will not accept Vatsim sign-in data.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time with the same result.  Where can I get the earlier version of vPilot

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Julian Pate said:

I am new to VatSim, and simmimg, I run MSFS 2020, so I may have missed some key step, but here is my issue.

I was running vPilot 2.6.8, I replaced it with 2.6.9.  Now I get errors trying to install the  new version.  First system error that says this down load will harm the computer,  When I ignore the errror messages, the install starts, but does not complete, instead it freezes the vPilot sign in screen, will not accept Vatsim sign-in data.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time with the same result.  Where can I get the earlier version of vPilot

The only change in 2.6.9 is a fix for some model matching errors, so reverting to 2.6.8 would not fix the sign in issue that you're having.

When you say it "freezes the vPilot sign in screen", what exactly do you mean? Please describe the issue in detail.

louai alrich
Posted
Posted

i can not connect to v pilot. I have a massege not supportted ..........

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, louai alrich said:

i can not connect to v pilot. I have a massege not supportted ..........

Please post a screenshot of the message.

• Sad 1

louai alrich
Posted
Posted (edited)

not supported flight simulators were detected , please ensure you have fsx installed correctly?????   this is my massege .I have fs2020 ????

Edited by louai alrich

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, louai alrich said:

not supported flight simulators were detected , please ensure you have fsx installed correctly?????   this is my massege .I have fs2020 ????

vPilot detects supported simulators by looking in the registry. For MSFS, it looks for these keys:

• SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\Path
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410\Path
  • SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\1250410\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam\Apps\1250410\Path

It looks for these keys under both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

Do you have any of those keys in your registry?

louai alrich
Posted
Posted (edited)

NO . seems i have not . Whate must i do please

21 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

Unfortunately, it seems that I do not have any of these keys, what should I do? Please how do I add these keys to the file for fs2020

Edited by louai alrich

louai alrich
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ross Carlson said:

vPilot detects supported simulators by looking in the registry. For MSFS, it looks for these keys:

• SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\FlightSimulator.exe\InstallLocation
  • SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Steam App 1250410\InstallLocation

Unfortunately, it seems that I do not have any of these keys, what should I do? Please how do I add these keys to the file for fs2020

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, louai alrich said:

Can you search your registry to see if there are other keys that show the install location of MSFS?

louai alrich
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ross Carlson said:

Can you search your registry to see if there are other keys that show the install location of MSFS?

Keys like what? And if I found it, how do I attach it to vPilot?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
Just now, louai alrich said:

Keys like what?

Keys similar to the ones I pasted above. If none of the keys I listed exist, I'm hoping there is some other key that MSFS is creating when it is installed.

1 minute ago, louai alrich said:

Keys like what? And if I found it, how do I attach it to vPilot?

You wouldn't. You would send it to me, I would add it to the list of keys that vPilot searches for when it detects which simulator(s) you have installed.

louai alrich
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Keys similar to the ones I pasted above. If none of the keys I listed exist, I'm hoping there is some other key that MSFS is creating when it is installed.

You wouldn't. You would send it to me, I would add it to the list of keys that vPilot searches for when it detects which simulator(s) you have installed.

I apologize for disturbing you, but in any folder I can find these keys

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, louai alrich said:

I apologize for disturbing you, but in any folder I can find these keys

Are you using the registry editor? It sounds like you're looking in folders on your hard drive. Not the same thing.

Julian Pate
Posted
Posted

This a screen shot of what I get when I attempt to install the latest vPilot update. I can not get beyond this screen unless I uninstall vPilot.  This what I call feezing.

v Pilot Capture.PNG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Julian, I replied to you in the other thread. That's an AFV issue.

Julian Pate
Posted
Posted

I am new to the neighborhood, what is AFV?

Julian 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Julian Pate said:

I am new to the neighborhood, what is AFV?

Have a look in the other thread where you brought this up:

Kyle Kato
Posted
Posted
On 11/22/2020 at 8:12 AM, louai alrich said:

I am having the same problem. Not sure how to fix it either.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:42 PM, Ross Carlson said:

I checked my registry and don't have any of those in there. Any ideas Ross?

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Let me know if you can find the install or uninstall location anywhere else in the registry.

Kyle Kato
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Let me know if you can find the install or uninstall location anywhere else in the registry.

What should I be looking for? A specific file or folder or something else?

Kyle Kato
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

I did find 

• SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\vPilot but I'm not sure if that's what you're asking for.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

vPilot looks in the registry for the keys I listed above to see if you have MSFS installed. If you have MSFS installed, but you don't have any of those keys, then there should be another registry key somewhere that I can add to the list of keys that vPilot checks for. Perhaps you could look in the SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths folders in the registry to see if there is some other key that looks like it is for MSFS.

• Ross Carlson unfeatured and unpinned this topic