You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

CTD in MSFS when Connecting to VATSIM on vPilot

Luke Carter

Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

Bit of an odd one. Had the current stable (as of 30/10/2020) and yesterday I connected fine, and was able to fly fine. Had a custom model matching file on then too - no issues at all post Patch 5 MSFS (1.10...)

Today I've gone onto the sim, and tried to spawn at multiple different airports and kept getting CTDs. I thought it may be scenery, so removed all the scenery - spawned in and still each time got CTD whenever I connected to VATSIM via vPilot.

I've then removed my modelmatching file and spawned again at multiple airports, ran vPilot - then again the second I connect it CTDs each time after 4-6 seconds.

I updated to the BETA 2.6.8 to see if that helped - put my model match file back on to see if it would work - CTDs. Removed model matching file, CTDs every time I actually connect to VATSIM. 

Odd as it worked absolutely fine yesterday - only difference being that the liveries on MSFS have all had to be patched. Tried just with the default Asobo A320neo livery - still get the same issue with CTD the moment I connect to the vatsim network.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I am not having this problem, with the latest version of MSFS.

Does it only happen when you connect and there are other aircraft nearby?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

Yes - though I'm wondering if it's an issue with the updated liveries that the creators fixed - I'm working through each one seeing if they are all or if one is an issue, but every time I connect to VATSIM, within a few minutes I get a CTD.

Haven't installed the latest patch fix yet though + hoping that's fixed the issue 

Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

Did further testing - cleared my community folder and added in updated liveries 4-5 at a time with custom model matching updated to reflect model title name changes etc.

The moment I connected to Vatsim I got blurry lag (almost as if it was about to crash but didn't) and was fine but I only had Default Asobo liveries so it wasn't reading any new liveries. That's weird in itself as the liveries are useable by me, and the vmr has been updated for them to work like they used to.

But secondary to that the lag as I connect to Vatsim is new from this patch.

Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

Btw I removed the model matching file and the stutter still hit when I connected in case you're wondering.

Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

This has been resolved - can be deleted.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Luke Carter said:

This has been resolved - can be deleted.

Resolved how?

• 2 weeks later...
Luke Carter
Posted
Posted

It was always when I was starting vPilot and connecting to the network oddly - one livery seemed to be crashing my sim at the exact time I'd connect to VATSIM so that's been removed.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which livery was it? This information might help others.