You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS2020 and VPILOT help needed

Matthew Tunkelo-Bonner

Matthew Tunkelo-Bonner
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I have started flying on Vatsim on MSFS2020 platform

I have a few questions because things have not been running very well.

Firstly what is the best way to connect to Vatsim on MSFS2020, eg: Group only? Traffic off? when I load up a flight (before I connect to vpilot) I have the default atc etc and when I connect to vpilot it seems to carry over. I am also having issues with vpilot, I have connected to it, its definitely working because the blue lights are showing sometimes and i hear the notifications from it. but sometimes I can not hear the controllers at all? and can only seem to contact them via pm despite the frequency being correct etc. (I am also appearing on VATSPY and everything so I seem fully connected and ATC can see me etc)

Any help or advise would be greatly apricated 

Edited by Matthew Tunkelo-Bonner

• 1 month later...
Ian Ashton
Posted
Posted

Matthew,

Not sure if you received a reply or not. I have just had my first session on Vatsim with MSFS, and had the same issues you had. I connected to Vpilot ok, but when I dialled in a frequency in the aircraft I got MSFS ATC instead of Vatsim (ATIS) etc.

Turn off in game ATC in the menu. As for multiplayer, set for group only, otherwise you will all other users, you just want Vatsim ones

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member