You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

RX Stuck Open

David Crewson

David Crewson
Posted
Posted

Last night I was enroute from KBOS to CYUL and Boston CTR was quite busy. I'm using latest version of xPilot with X-Plane 11.50. Just after receiving a partial decent instruction there was what appeared to be multiple transmissions at the same time and then my RX button on the xPilot client stuck on the receive configuration. I could not hear any ATC or could not transmit. It was like xPilot froze the com radio. Fortunately a great ATC in Montreal gave me text instructions for landing. I am curious if this has happened to others and is there a way to refresh xPilot without a disconnect? Do you squawk the lost radio code?

Thanks for any guidance,

Dave

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Do you have your PTT set within the xPilot client or within X-Plane?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

David Crewson
Posted
Posted

It is through xPilot. It was really weird as everything was fine, working normal and then it appeared to be two possibly three other pilots tried to talk at the same time, it got really loud in my headset and the sim kinda did a shake like a weather refresh and then the RX button in xpilot just stayed green like i was receiving but i could hear no chatter. I tried to transmit but the TX light didn't light up. Fortunately i received text messages to complete the flight. I was thinking to just disconnect but wanted to see how it would play out.

Once I landed and parked, I disconnected from xpilot, closed and restarted x-plane and then connected to network and everything was back to normal. I asked Toronto CTR for mic check and came back with 5b5. So I wondered if the multiple chatter over each other just froze the x-pilot.

Seems ok. I read about a stuck mic but this was the RX side. Just curious if it happens again if I just ride it out with texting or squwak a com lost code.

Cheers,

dave

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Closing and restarting xPilot mid-flight can usually be done without causing any major disruption. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png