You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cross The Pond 2020 - Questions

VATSIM

VATSIM
Posted
Posted

Please keep all discussion in the forums about the upcoming CTP in this thread. For slot trading, go to the #ctp-slot-trading channel on the VATSIM Community Discord server by assigning the Cross The Pond role in #role-selection. You can join the Discord at community.vatsim.net.

Information thread:

Related Threads:

• Matthew Bartels pinned this topic
Andre Almeida
Posted
Posted (edited)

To avoid any confusions on Saturday, as the announcement makes believe differently: Pilots flying through Santa Maria are expected to do position reports outside the radar area.

Edited by Andre Almeida

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

Great! Now the bits I'm interested in are going to be interspersed with a million unrelated discussions!

(Excuse the sarcasm, but what exactly is the goal of forcing all CTP-related discussions into a megathread?)

23.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

The same as every year. Having a single point of truth and not cluttering the forums with dozens of threads asking the same things over and over again which are irrelevant for most people searching the forums 😝

Me.

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted

Fair enough. I guess "skim the forums before asking your question, because you're probably not the only one" is too much to ask 😄

• Haha 1
23.png

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone! 

So, as we all moved here and I didn't find the answer in the previous threads, I'll ask it again 😄

As in rl we often  'dive' under the tracks to avoid the tracks traffic & making needed separation within the nathla, may we still fly transatlantic with atc with such a random route? 

If so, we will need the Vatsim tracks to be published to dispatch the flight correctly .

Thank you! 

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted

BTW, I'm asking this because of some pilots are already been afforded to fly the aircrafts, which can go higher than most of the aircrafts, even without a slot 🙂

Eric Fisher
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Andre Almeida said:

To avoid any confusions on Saturday, as the announcement makes believe differently: Pilots flying through Santa Maria are expected to do position reports outside the radar area.

Good luck getting this out to everyone between now and Saturday. As this forum reply you submitted is the only place I've seen this mentioned. The FSElite article also says position reports are not necessary. I think you will be in for a long day of confusion as probably less than 10% will read your reply and I think that is on the high side. 

Eric

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Alexey Wasilevsky said:

So, as we all moved here and I didn't find the answer in the previous threads, I'll ask it again 😄

As in rl we often  'dive' under the tracks to avoid the tracks traffic & making needed separation within the nathla, may we still fly transatlantic with atc with such a random route? 

If so, we will need the Vatsim tracks to be published to dispatch the flight correctly .

And I can reply again 😛

I think the event organizers have been crystal clear on this: there won't be any ATC capacity to serve "non-event tracks" and that would include traffic outside the vertical bands of "event tracks". And then the next bottle-neck will be domestic airspace in the UK and Ireland where pilots will make landfall.

In the real world I also usually operate along official NATs, but outside NATHLA, because we are cruising above the airspace, not below.

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

And I can reply again 😛

I think the event organizers have been crystal clear on this: there won't be any ATC capacity to serve "non-event tracks" and that would include traffic outside the vertical bands of "event tracks". And then the next bottle-neck will be domestic airspace in the UK and Ireland where pilots will make landfall.

In the real world I also usually operate along official NATs, but outside NATHLA, because we are cruising above the airspace, not below.

And this is mad 😁

I mean, if there won't be atc for non-slot users, all the traffic will be chaosed down to Ireland. 

And regarding the rl - as we usually fly out of Moscow to Cuba , we have to cross the tracks. And we are dispatching to dive under them, as nat007 doc allows to do so - that is what I was asking for 😀

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

The question is what levels will be used for event traffic during this edition of CTP. Maybe they will have to assign FL290 and FL300 for crossings as well. I guess that you won't be bothering anyone if you stay at FL280 or below while remaining on UNICOM.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Alexey Wasilevsky said:

And this is mad 😁

What's really mad is that people still fly it despite the many requests made for them not to do it 😉

• Like 1

Me.

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Nestor Perez said:

What's really mad is that people still fly it despite the many requests made for them not to do it 😉

well, it definitely is, but we all understand that the traffic will not be the same with the slots number. 

There are plenty of reasons, why this happens every time) 

But, anyway, this topic is not about those things 😉

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted

I think that the only way to exclude that chaos is making a kind of a 'unicom track' with the exit point, which will be out of the other common exit track points. 

And let the atc give that unicom track to non-slot pilots, when they ask for the oceanic clearance.

90% of pilots will disconnect, when they realize that all the Nat points differ from the ones they have in their fmc, the others will enter Europe in a 'safe' place, not arguing with slot-pilots 😀

Tobias Dammers
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Alexey Wasilevsky said:

And let the atc give that unicom track to non-slot pilots, when they ask for the oceanic clearance.

AFAIU, this is pretty much what's going to happen. If you fly without a slot, you will have to wait longer for your oceanic clearance (event traffic is prioritized in oceanic clearance delivery), and when you get it, it will contain a massive re-routing onto what amounts to an unofficial non-event track, where no ATC is provided.

On top of that, non-slot pilots should also be prepared to hold a lot, both on the ground and in the air.

23.png

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted

Just saw the announcement of the event on the main Vatsim page & no info about the slot-system. 🤔

I'm afraid that may cause some misunderstandings with those, who 'just came to business'

Screenshot_20201111_123309.jpg

Screenshot_20201111_123333.jpg

Matthew Bartels
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Alexey Wasilevsky said:

Just saw the announcement of the event on the main Vatsim page & no info about the slot-system. 🤔

I'm afraid that may cause some misunderstandings with those, who 'just came to business'

Screenshot_20201111_123309.jpg

Screenshot_20201111_123333.jpg

The description has been updated to reiterate the request to not fly without a slot.

• Like 2

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Forever and always "Just the events guy"

Alexey Wasilevsky
Posted
Posted
Just now, Matthew Bartels said:

The description has been updated to reiterate the request to not fly without a slot.

Thanks a lot for quick response 😊

And the last Q (sorry for being annoying last time) is regarding the airfield documents for JFK ND Dublin. 

Couldn't them unfortunately 😣

• Mats Edvin Aaro changed the title to Cross The Pond 2020 - Questions
  • Mats Edvin Aaro featured this topic
Devolder Luc
Posted
Posted

Is Gander oceanic ATC on HF frequencies still active or not ?

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

They should be, but you shouldn't need to worry about the HF frequencies, since the clients will connect to HF automatically.

Me.