You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Not letting me sign in to network on vpilot

Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

Trying to connect to VATSIM, have MSFS2020 but keeps coming up with error as follows, any help appreciated

image.png.539737fd7cb5d3c11ac6498d708771a4.png

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

If you can connect just fine to the network but get an error when connecting to voice, that's generally a capitalization issue in the password you entered when logging in. While the FSD server does not care about capitalization, the voice server does.

If you're unsure about the exact format of your password you can always request a password reminder at https://cert.vatsim.net/vatsimnet/statcheck.html.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Mark Wilson
Posted
Posted

Hi Mats,

Thanks for quick reply, the password etc is copied as is direct from VATSIM, used to work in fsx with no issue but not here! Its not a password/CID issue

Mark Wilson
Posted
Posted

Its when I press connect this error comes up!

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mark Wilson said:

Hi Mats,

Thanks for quick reply, the password etc is copied as is direct from VATSIM, used to work in fsx with no issue but not here! Its not a password/CID issue

There's no way for the change of simulator to suddenly cause the "Invalid CID/Password error" that you're getting.

5 hours ago, Mats Edvin Aaro said:

If you can connect just fine to the network but get an error when connecting to voice, that's generally a capitalization issue in the password you entered when logging in. While the FSD server does not care about capitalization, the voice server does.

He's not connecting fine to the network, he's getting an "Invalid CID/Password" error from the FSD. Then it shows the voice server disconnect after that, because vPilot automatically disconnects you from the voice server if the FSD connection fails.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Mark Wilson
Posted
Posted

Hi Ross,

Many thanks for checking, I've now re-installed the PC to get rid of all other possible previous verions fo flight sim, just have the new MSFS 2020, is there something else I need apart from MSFS and vpilot to make this work, still keep getting the same error when trying to connect.

Mark Wilson
Posted
Posted

Really sorry guys, 

I contacted VATSIM, seems to of been an error form their side as I was not added to their list of pilots correctly, again, apologies for thinking it was an error from vpilot side!

Stan Sharivker
Posted
Posted
On 11/11/2020 at 11:05 AM, Mark Wilson said:

Really sorry guys, 

I contacted VATSIM, seems to of been an error form their side as I was not added to their list of pilots correctly, again, apologies for thinking it was an error from vpilot side!

same problem here. did you get it resolved? thanks

Wrenflyer Jenner
Posted
Posted

i am also having this issue after a few months away from Vatsim.

Albert Sunyer
Posted
Posted

Have you tried to retrieve again your password? Also, check if your account have been disabled. When reenabling it again, it could take some time until you’re able to log in again.

Cheers,

Mark Wilson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Like me, if you have come back after an absense you may have to re-activate your VATSIM acccount, this can be done here, https://my.vatsim.net/reactivate

It can take up to 48hrs once its done!

Edited by Mark Wilson