You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

i dont hear atc and pilot.

Petter Storvik

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

the sound suddenly disappears after a while and I can not hear other pilots or atc anyone who has experienced the same`?

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

pilot client i mean the are..  its not new update for this time now.. 

• Confused 1

Kirk Christie
Posted
Posted

What pilot client are you using?

Vpilot

Swift

Xpilot

Kirk Christie - VATPAC C3

VATPAC Undercover ATC Agent

Worldflight Perth 737-800 Crew Member

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have the same Issue. I use V-pilot and when I am flying V-pilot will stop working. I wont hear any pilots or atc. I also looked at the Simaware and looked for my flight when this happenes and it said that my flight didn't exist despite the fact that I was connected. V-pilot also showed that I was connected. I have to disconnect, restart V-pilot  and connect back in and set it all back up.  

Edited by Johnathan Guif

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

There may have been some hickups with the AFV (voice) server yesterday. I am using X-Plane and swift and after connecting to VATSIM at about 1900z, I had some error messages, but in the end it all worked just fine for both flights that I performed.

• Confused 1

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

you are bad epxpert........... i answer you and you under rate me.. 

• Haha 1

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Kirk Christie said:

Hvilken pilotklient bruker du?

Vpilot

Fort

Xpilot

X PILOT i use! 🙂 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Petter Storvik said:

you are bad epxpert........... i answer you and you under rate me.

Excuse me? I asked for more information to help you solve your problem and you replied with complete nonsense:

pilot client i mean the are..  its not new update for this time now..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

is not kidding. i dont know the problem i have the, new update so wthat else ? i dont know... 

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

i hope so 🙂 

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 11/11/2020 at 8:31 AM, Andreas Fuchs said:

There may have been some hickups with the AFV (voice) server yesterday. I am using X-Plane and swift and after connecting to VATSIM at about 1900z, I had some error messages, but in the end it all worked just fine for both flights that I performed.

Thanks for the heads up. What would you recommend? This has happened multiple times. Should I use a different Pilot Client? I use FSX and V-pilot. 

Edited by Johnathan Guif

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

It usually is not the pilot client that causes this, but rather a bad connection to the voice server (AFV). Do you possibly have any anti-virus software preventing things? Are your ports open/forwarded for AFV voice?

Johnathan Guif
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Andreas Fuchs said:

It usually is not the pilot client that causes this, but rather a bad connection to the voice server (AFV). Do you possibly have any anti-virus software preventing things? Are your ports open/forwarded for AFV voice?

I tried what you recommended and tested with what I had changed. It seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the advice and support!

• Thanks 1