You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Euroscope not pulling METAR

Mark Walsh

Mark Walsh
Posted
Posted

Has anyone run into an issue where ES won’t pull the Metar?  (This is not related to the current Vatsim/NOAA issue).

ie .QD ICAO nor the ATIS will display current metar while connected.

Mark Walsh

Vatsim Network Supervisor

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted

Does it gives an error or does it just show NO DATA? Are you able to pull the metar in another client? VatSpy, vPilot etc?

Years ago, there was a problem with Euroscope pulling METARs - so for the first hour or so you were online, the METAR list would only give you the ICAO followed by "NO DATA".

Morten Jelle

VATSIM Network Supervisor, Team Lead - Supervisor Team 1

spacer.png

Erik Wachters
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Do you have the METAR window open somewhere?

I had the same problem. I started using the Topsky Meteo window and closed the Euroscope standard METAR window but it looks like the window must be open to get METARs in Euroscope.

I hope this helps.

Erik

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Erik Wachters said:

but it looks like the window must be open to get METARs in Euroscope.

Not sure if you mean the Topsky METAR window?

It is true for the TopSky METAR Window that it must be open to update. But if we are talking about the standard Euroscope METAR List, it is not necessary to have it visible. It will update in the background.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Dawid Reszel
Posted
Posted

We're experiencing a different METAR issue with ES. It seems that ES at random downloads a random morning METAR (for example it can download a 0600Z METAR at 1910Z) then after a few minutes it downloads the proper message. It messes with the automatic ATIS generation, unfortunately.

Morten Jelle
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, David Reszel 984547 said:

We're experiencing a different METAR issue with ES. It seems that ES at random downloads a random morning METAR (for example it can download a 0600Z METAR at 1910Z) then after a few minutes it downloads the proper message. It messes with the automatic ATIS generation, unfortunately.

This is not Euroscope but the text file that VATSIM provides. It seems VATSIM receives wrong data sometimes and that causes the old METAR's.

Morten Jelle

spacer.png

Erik Wachters
Posted
Posted

But if we are talking about the standard Euroscope METAR List, it is not necessary to have it visible. It will update in the background.

Yes, that was the solution for me. I use the last beta (don't know if that is the problem) but when I close the standard Euroscope METAR window by default (so, not open on startup) I don't get METAR data, as soon as I open it, the METARs are 'downloaded'.

E.