You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AFV and Voicemeter Banana

David Epstein

David Epstein
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone! I am attempting to get back into streaming, I am controlling with vERAM. My issue that I run into is I keep getting an error with AFV when starting it up or sometimes it just does not start at all and I have narrowed it down to Voicemeter Banana. When Voicemeter is open I get the error and AFV crashes. If Vociemeter is closed I have no issue. So I am open to another solution whether it be someone suggesting different Software or Hardware to get this to work.

My set up is as follows.
http://prntscr.com/vi9s3x

I use voicemeter to mainly separate my spotify/music sound so it is lower in my headset and I can hear pilots as well as people on Teamspeak/Discord. 

If you need more details to the setup let me know :)

Thanks for any input provided! 

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted (edited)

What I have found works best is to ignore the "Hardware Inputs" and do everything via the two Virtual Inputs.  Set all of your programs to output either to VM Input or VM Aux Input, set their outputs in VM to be your headset, then use the Sound Source Mixer within your streaming software to add those channels into the scene separately and balance as needed. 

Hope that helps -- grab me on my Discord (discord.gg/23rqrPG) in the #tech_support channel if you're still stuck. 

Edited by Robert Shearman Jr

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

David Epstein
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Robert Shearman Jr said:

What I have found works best is to ignore the "Hardware Inputs" and do everything via the two Virtual Inputs.  Set all of your programs to output either to VM Input or VM Aux Input, set their outputs in VM to be your headset, then use the Sound Source Mixer within your streaming software to add those channels into the scene separately and balance as needed. 

Hope that helps -- grab me on my Discord (discord.gg/23rqrPG) in the #tech_support channel if you're still stuck. 

Thanks for the input! That would solve AFV crashing?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I don't know, but I know that my setup works fine and doesn't crash. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 weeks later...
Tobias Brockmann
Posted
Posted

Well it didnt Crash for me but wouldnt start with banana open. 

Workaround: Start VM Banana, then start afv. no issues.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Interesting.  I have VM set to launch at startup anyway, so I've never encountered that issue.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Mats Edvin Aaro
Posted
Posted

The problem I have seen occurs when you have a Voicemeeter device selected as in- or output when you close vPilot, and then you haven't gotten Voicemeeter up when you restart it.

Mats Edvin Aarø
Assistant to the Vice President - Supervisors
VATSIM General Manager: Member Engagement
[email protected]

VATSIM logo new

Robert Terrace
Posted
Posted

The quick way around it I've found, is to shut down Voicemeeter completely, start vPilot/xPilot or AFV and set the output to what Voicemeeter output/input you want it on, then restart Voicemeeter. Its a bit of a faf, but, its the best way I've found so far.

Rob Terrace - EGCN