You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Another "Unhandled Exception" but different...?

James Morgan

Go to solution Solved by James Morgan,

James Morgan
Posted
Posted

Hey guys, sorry to clutter up the forum with this, but the solution that seems common to my issue doesn't appear to work for me - I start vPilot (both admin/normal), get error box "Unhandled exception has occured in your application..." that ends with "WaveBadFormat calling waveInOpen." From what I've gathered, it's usually a microphone permissions issue, but... I've looked in every nook and cranny I could find in Windows 10, and microphone permissions are definitely allowed.

One caveat maybe is I am using a digital interface that handles both the audio and microphone - all the settings in the vPilot show the DI, and is selected for both... but there's just no microphone audio when I go to the test page of vPilot.

Here's the beginning of the "details" part of the error box - please let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

************** Exception Text **************
NAudio.MmException: WaveBadFormat calling waveInOpen
   at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.OpenWaveInDevice()
   at NAudio.Wave.WaveInEvent.StartRecording()
   at GeoVR.Client.Input.Start(String inputDevice)
   at GeoVR.Client.UserClient.Start(String inputAudioDevice, String outputAudioDevice, List`1 transceiverIDs)
   at e6.h()
   at e6.a(Object A_0, es A_1)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4250.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------
vPilot
    Assembly Version: 2.6.9.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.9.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/JM/AppData/Local/vPilot/vPilot.exe

Thank you so much guys, sorry to bother you.

JM

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

What do the "Advanced Options" of your device(s) look like?

Me.

James Morgan
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Nestor Perez said:

What do the "Advanced Options" of your device(s) look like?

Hey Nestor, it uses no external software - it plugs in USB, and is controlled by Windows like a normal sound card would be through default Win10 controls. All of those settings/drivers/levels are where they should be, and there are no issues with anything else. There's also no Advanced Options in Device Manager - it just contains general "This device is working properly" information with no options. Thanks for your time.

• Solution
James Morgan
Posted
Posted

Just an update for any future somebody who happens to experience this same error message - got it working, I re-installed the Window's version of my Digital Interface's drivers (Focusrite). Don't be dumb like me, update your drivers even if they show up to date! Thanks @Nestor Perez

• Like 1

Julian Pate
Posted
Posted

Please excuse I naiveté , I am not a Wdo 10 expert, when  you say "update your drivers" ,which drivers do you mean.  WDOS is much  more complex regarding drivers than the MAC's with which I am more familiar.  I experience the error after upgrading the vPliot software to the current version.  It has disabled vPilot in my setup.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated .