You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

MSFS2020 - Cannot see VATSIM airplanes when connected through Vpilot

Quentin Drilholle

Quentin Drilholle
Posted
Posted

Hello pilots,

New to VATSIM, I've read for the past 48 hours multiple ressources to check for what I could have done wrong so that I can't see any VATSIM airplanes in MSFS2020.
When connected to Vpilot I am able to receive and transmit communications properly. 
However, I never was able to see any other VATSIM simers that communicate on the frequency. I have tried yesterday and today, changing different Multiplayer settings in MSFS (group players only, all players...) and even regional servers but nothing worked.

Can anyone be of any assistance?
Much appreciated 🙂
Happy flying/controlling to all!
Quentin

• 2 months later...
Robert Cohen
Posted
Posted

Same here. All I keep hearing is "it's an Asobo problem".

Wolfgang Weber
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I don´t know what I am doing different, but I have no problems to see other traffic in VatSim using MSFS and vPilot. All settings are standard and in MSFS Multiplayer is OFF and other Air Traffic is OFF

a short Screenrecording here: Screenrecording

regrads, Wolfgang

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I can typically see them when at an airport, meaning that other planes are relatively close by.  But airborne, it often seems hit-or-miss as to whether I will see other planes at anything more than a couple miles.  Can't yet determine whether there's a pattern to it.  I recall there being a discussion at the outset wherein tampering with weather or time settings once the sim is running will cause all planes to vanish, and have been careful about completely closing and restarting vPilot after doing so, just to be sure.  Still feeling very much like there are times I should be seeing traffic and I'm not.  I'll continue to try to collect more concrete data.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Wolfgang Weber
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I can see other aircraft when I’m airborne. Some days ago I was in a holding close to EIDW and numerous other aircraft around me were visible (at least the lights, because it was nighttime) and  also in my moving map I can observe other Vatsim traffic within 40NM and +/- 5000 feet ( for charts and moving map I use the Electronic Flight Bag from aivlasoft.com, I don’t know if other moving map software does this too)

So finally I have no idea why this is working in my setup and not in others 

Wolfgang

• 1 year later...
Romolo Perriello
Posted
Posted

PLEASE tell us how you accomplish this? i have yet to find an answer!!  I only see AI traffic but not REAL Vatsim users. No one seems ro have an answer.  

Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Veda Moola
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Romolo Perriello

Make sure when you load a flight turn off live traffic and see if you have this installed

Screenshot (1155).png

Edited by Veda Moola
  • Like 1

Veda Moola - 1472315

VATSIM EuroCenter vACC Technical Department

TMA Controller [S3]

Pilot Rating:- P0

https://vacc-euc.org/

• 1 month later...
Gabriel Adei
Posted
Posted

I need to resurect this thread and hopefully someone can help.

I cannot see other vatsim flyers and still have AI planes on the ground at the gates even though I have multiplayer turned off, live traffic turned off, AI turned off etc

I did model matching and this is the results

Settings for simulator : MSFS

Last aircraft model scan performed on: Aug 28, 2022 17:19

Results: 237 models found, 0 identified

No matter what I do I get 0 identified, is that where my probelm is. I have tried many other settings. I can hear pilots on the frequency but my sim is full of AI planes instead of vatism pilots. I know there are pilots in the vicinity etc as I use VatSpy as well. And definately not the number of AI planes around me makes sense.

Please help