You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ATC / Pilot Training Certificates?

Will Hinshaw

Will Hinshaw
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I was wondering if it possible to obtain a certificate for a certain ATC or Pilot rating on the network?

I'm asking as it is something I'm looking to put into my University application and they would probably like to see a certificate of the qualification I have achieved.

Many Thanks,

Will Hinshaw 😀

Alistair Thomson
Posted
Posted

I assume that the University academic year has already started, so you're looking at entry next year?

Whatever the situation, I'd advise you that you are looking to spend a lot of time and effort in gaining VATSIM ratings for entirely the wrong reason. As an ex-University member of faculty, I viewed course applicants' qualifications as indications of interest in, and commitment to, that area. Merely gathering "gongs" or qualifications would not show any degree of commitment to an interest, and it would be that involvement, and enthusiasm, which would interest me in a candidate.

But I also assume that you believe that the activities of VATSIM already interest you, otherwise you would not have started this thread! :) In which case, forget University entrance requirements and enjoy VATSIM. From that, you would have a REAL demonstrable interest which you have pursued with academic rigour, and THAT would interest the board.

Alistair Thomson

===

Definition: a gentleman is a flying instructor in a Piper Cherokee who can change tanks without getting his face slapped.