You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Model Matching

• woai
  • fsx
  • vatsim

Adam McDowall 1275291

Adam McDowall 1275291
Posted
Posted

Hello All,

After registering for Vatsim on 26/11/2013(yes, 6 years 364 days ago at time of writing) I've finally logged my first 10 hours after plucking up the courage to jump in at the deep end, I must say, its not as bad as it appears and generally controllers are great even when you make a mistake. So if you're a newbie thats found this post from one of the major search engines.. Just do it! Jump in!(after reading some tutorials!)

Anyway, back on topic... I've noticed A LOT of the models of other aircraft display as the default, not the easy ones such as EZY/RYR etc i think i have these models from the AI Companion, though.

I've read numerous sources online however I've not found a definitive answer on what the best model matching pack is.. The options I've found is the IVAO MTL and UT2... which, in your opinion is the best for model matching? -  I'd not touch WOAI with a barge pole after the last time i had to completely uninstall FSX some years ago to get rid of 2 dodgy packages that corrupted.. something... so what would be the best alternative? the MTL looks amazing, but all things that do... come at a cost, i can't believe it'd be all that, for free.

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Adam McDowall

Andy Ivey
Posted
Posted

I'm using the IVAO model matching package in conjunction with some custom rule files that were posted by a YouTuber I sometimes watch, BritishAvGeek. If you search for him and "model matching" on YouTube you'll find everything you need.

The IVAO models are not very detailed, and the textures are low res, but right now it's the best option I've found for getting the maximum number of aircraft in MSFS 2020 when you're using VATSIM. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Adam, which flight simulator do you use? If P3D or FSX, the most popular these days is FLAi.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Andy Ivey
Posted
Posted

Apologies - in rereading this I think maybe you're not referring to MSFS 2020... Sorry for any confusion.

Adam McDowall 1275291
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Andy Ivey said:

I'm using the IVAO model matching package in conjunction with some custom rule files that were posted by a YouTuber I sometimes watch, BritishAvGeek. If you search for him and "model matching" on YouTube you'll find everything you need.

The IVAO models are not very detailed, and the textures are low res, but right now it's the best option I've found for getting the maximum number of aircraft in MSFS 2020 when you're using VATSIM. 

Thanks Andy, as per below i've now found FLAi, but thanks for your input!

22 minutes ago, Ross Carlson said:

Adam, which flight simulator do you use? If P3D or FSX, the most popular these days is FLAi.

It's P3D, since posting i stumbled upon FLAi, Just 2 days to endure downloading at 46kb/s 😁

Thanks for the help guys!

• Like 1

Mateusz Szostak
Posted
Posted

https://mfs2020.pl/topic/64-msfs20-vpilot-model-matching-vatsim/ try this ;)

• 4 months later...