You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

no sound on vpilot

Robert Blackie

Robert Blackie
Posted
Posted (edited)

hi, im new,  using MSFS202 got vpilot installed fine, i see text messages but hear no pilots, ATC etc.. i hear a sound when a text comes, like a radio keying.. but thats it, been trying for 2 days now.. getting fed up :O(

i tune the planes  radio to desired frequency but msfs comms says com not in use. on both coms ( that might be normal ?)

i have no mic as yet, just wanted to listen in for the time being..

any suggestions appreciated :P)

using UK server, connecting fine.

Edited by Robert Blackie
Typos

Robert Blackie
Posted
Posted

anyone ??

Robert Blackie
Posted
Posted

ok so went to LAX and it connected to voice server.. seems to working now ..nice..:O)

• Like 1

johannes de jong 1288726
Posted
Posted

have the same problem ,no sound but when they talk i see at rh top corner of the vpilot the frequencynumber lighting up  ,it lookeslike the talking is surpressed ,try it allready for months

• 2 weeks later...
Antonio Ferrer
Posted
Posted

Any update regarding this issue?

Robert Blackie
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Antonio Ferrer said:

Any update regarding this issue?

yes, i i said, it just started working ..

• Thanks 1

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Where you say you have no mic, that's the root of the issue.  AFV has a bug of sorts that prevents it from running properly if no capture device is defined. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Robert Blackie
Posted
Posted

ADMIN..please delete my post, I have said SEVERAL times its sorted, but people can't be bothered to read so are still responding and asking questions. 

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Robert Blackie said:

ADMIN..please delete my post, I have said SEVERAL times its sorted, but people can't be bothered to read so are still responding and asking questions. 

Speaking of people who can't be bothered to read, perhaps you didn't notice that one other person has posted in the thread seeking help on this issue? It's also worth noting that you did not find a solution, rather the problem just went away on its own for you.

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Thanks 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Robert Blackie said:

1) several other people have chimed in.  you might not need assistance, but they obviously do.  it's a public discussion. 

2) just un-follow the topic and you won't get notifications for it anymore, if you don't want them. 

3) no need to crap all over people who are trying to help, regardless. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png