You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Data download error with ver 1.1 Beta 5

Andrew McCabe

Andrew McCabe
Posted
Posted

Not sure if this is a bug, are an issue with the Github files.  Downloaded the latest version yesterday and all was working.   However, today I have been getting this error periodically.  Clicking "OK" clears the error and Vatspy works as normal.

Andrew

Capture.JPG

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted (edited)

This indicates an issue with the VATSIM data server (not the github files) ... I've notified the data server dev team. Thanks for reporting it.

Edited by Ross Carlson
  • Thanks 1

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Tristan Haab 1271544
Posted
Posted

image.png.97b0ae0943a845564a441d0206f60e46.png

Another problem with downloading the cluster.data.vatsim.net. 

After pressing OK or CANCEL (is there even a difference?) and waiting some time the download works, might be the download-every-one-minute too much? However, just wanted to report this, thanks a lot for keeping VATSPY updated!

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

We're aware of this bug and working on a fix. It's a dataserver thing 😛

• Like 1

Me.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Tristan Haab 1271544 said:

OK or CANCEL (is there even a difference?)

There is a subtle difference ... if the reason for the popup warning is that the data is out of date, then pressing OK will still display the outdated data. Pressing Cancel will do nothing (still showing whatever data was last successfully downloaded.) This difference used to be more clear, back when that warning popup gave you more choices such as switching to a different server, displaying the outdated data anyway, or adding the faulty server to an ignore list. Since I removed those options (because there is only one server these days which automatically cycles between multiple redundant data feeds) then the difference between the two buttons is not as clear. I will remove the cancel button in the next beta.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC