You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Cant connect to x pilot

Nathan Clark

Nathan Clark
Posted
Posted

When I try to connect to xpilot it wont let me press connect. Does anybody have any answers?

Screenshot 2020-12-09 163732.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

"Waiting for X-Plane connection..." is your clue.  It hasn't detected your simulator running.  Sometimes this can be solved by a simple close-and-restart of xPilot, and other times this means something has gone wrong during the install process, including possibly that the in-sim "plugin" portion failed to install or failed to initialize.  If a simple restart of the sim or the client doesn't help, and reinstalling xPilot doesn't change the situation, please report back.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Vladimir Simon
Posted
Posted

i need help with this as well.  i have xplane 11 through steam. xpilot opens up but cant connect. really need help with this. 

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted

Check that you have xpilot plugin installed in X-plane. If not, re-install xpilot.

ACH2118.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Marcelo DaSilva
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am having the same problem, same message. uninstalled, installed again in different directory, nah.. nothing works.image.png.a3f60375423c0be251183d386c1b02e3.png

Edited by Marcelo DaSilva

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Can you upload your X-Plane log.txt? 

Also, feel free to join the xPilot Discord server for faster support. https://vats.im/xpilot-discord

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Marcelo DaSilva
Posted
Posted

I tried to upload log.txt file , but i got this message 

Allowed file extensions are: png, jpeg, jpg, pdf

• 2 months later...
Mohamed Bagdadi
Posted
Posted

Did you solve the problem ? I have the same issue

Mohamed Bagdadi
Posted
Posted
On 12/10/2020 at 11:06 PM, Robert Shearman Jr said:

"Waiting for X-Plane connection..." is your clue.  It hasn't detected your simulator running.  Sometimes this can be solved by a simple close-and-restart of xPilot, and other times this means something has gone wrong during the install process, including possibly that the in-sim "plugin" portion failed to install or failed to initialize.  If a simple restart of the sim or the client doesn't help, and reinstalling xPilot doesn't change the situation, please report back.

I tried many times to unistall reinstall, the log.txt show the plugin is loaded. i have deleted ivao, i've disabled the firewall... Unfortunately still unsolved 

• 2 months later...
patrick oneill
Posted
Posted

I have to close and reopen xpilot about 12 or 15 times for it to finally recognize Xplane is running and it connects. This started recently; for years I never had this issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Agnes Rodriguez
Posted
Posted

I uninstalled/reinstalled Xpilot several times but still I am having the same issue. I also tried to close and reopen Xpilot more than 10 times already but it's not resolved. Please help. Thank you.

Jerry Swalling
Posted
Posted

SAME PROBLEM HERE.

Hoping someone can figure it out. I would like to fly X-Plane on VATSIM!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

image.png.b2df44d3a87b762250d73c379cf514be.png

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 3 weeks later...
Jerry Swalling
Posted
Posted

I try to download  "can't write C:/users/jay/desktop/x-plane /xpilot/Client.dll"

what is wrong?

Lauri Uusitalo
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2021 at 2:51 AM, Jerry Swalling said:

I try to download  "can't write C:/users/jay/desktop/x-plane /xpilot/Client.dll"

what is wrong?

I would not install x-plane in desktop. Just in c:\x-plane.

ACH2118.jpg

Jerry Swalling
Posted
Posted

thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Andrew Segreti
Posted
Posted

Was this ever resolved?? I am having the same problem, and no idea where to go to figure it out. 

Did anyone ever figure out how to make it connect??

• 6 months later...
Daniele Tranvaux
Posted
Posted

Same issue

It was McAfee that  suppress the xpilot .xpl file 

Vadim Chverkun
Posted
Posted

I have same problem. Has anybody solved it? I have been reinstalling xPilot, but the "connect" button was not active.

• 6 months later...
Darrell Arview
Posted
Posted

i up graded mine and have never had problems connecting to vatsim before and yes my connect button is blacked out.  I still have settings and flightplan buttons and they work fine, but no way to connect. Not sure if its because of the new xplane 12 that i have not upgraded to or not.  

Tim Waldon
Posted
Posted

Hello Darrell,

The xPilot client update process installs the plugin for XP12, which you don't have yet. That plugin won't work for XP11 which is why the connect button is not available.

So, since the new (XP12) plugin got installed into your XP11 directory, you'll need to re-download and install the version for XP11 from the xPilot website. This will get your client working again.

You can reference this post for additional information: https://forums.vatsim.net/topic/33428-xpilot-and-x-plane-12/#comment-191065