You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

ARTCC Sponsored Event Policy

Craig Moulton

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted (edited)

The following Event Policy has been submitted and approved and can be viewed (in a prettier form) at http://vatusa.org/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=PN_Content&file=index&req=visit&artid=44#event

<>

ARTCC Sponsored Events are planned, advertised and executed by the ARTCC's, but must be scheduled in advance with the VATUSA Events Director. VATUSA will [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist in coordination, scheduling, and advertising upon written request. Events that do not follow the specific requirements below will not be approved. To ensure that your event is scheduled and approved in a timely manner the following steps MUST be followed.

• +ATM's, DATM's,and ED's are the only ARTCC members who may schedule an event.

ATM's, DATM's, and ED's wil check current the Event Calendar to ensure that the date/time is available. No event will be approved that conflicts with another event. A one hour time overlap may be approved with the consent of both ATM's (in writing to VATUSA Event Director).

ATM's, DATM's, ED's will enter all pertinent event information in the Event Calendar by first logging into the VATUSA Website with his/her VATSIM ID and VATUSA p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. The Event submission will be filled as completely as possible to include Start Time (in Zulu format), event duration and contact information.

VATUSA Event Director will:
    • Review event requests as they are received.

If approved will post the event into the VATUSA Event Calendar and will send an email notification to the party responsible for the request (via contact info listed in Event Request).

If the event is not approved will send an email notification to the party responsible for the request (via contact info listed in Event Request) explaining why the event is not being approved.

If there are any questions or concerns an email will be sent to the party responsible for the request (via contact info listed in Event Request) with the questions and concerns about the event, and the Event Request will remain in the Request Queue until those questions and concerns are answered. The event will then be re-evaluated for approval.

Event Dates will not be reserved without specific event details. ARTCC's are not permitted to hold a date for an event that may or may not be planned in advance (i.e. "Reserved for ZYX")

Weeknight events will not normally be approved unless:

• The event is held during the requesting ARTCC's Regional night and has the approval (written) from the Regional Director.

The event is held during the requesting ARTCC's Regional night, and that ARTCC is scheduled to be the Spotlight ARTCC for that date.

The event is to be held on a Friday night in conjunction with VATUSA's Friday Night Ops Event with prior coordination with VATUSA Event Director.

Events should be scheduled no less than 14 days prior to the event to ensure proper coordination and advertising.

The VATUSA Events department will advertise the week's coming Events on the VATUSA Forum based upon the Calendar.

<>

This policy deals with ARTCC Sponsored Events Only. VA Sponsored Events may be submitted to the VATUSA Events Calendar at any time and will be approved upon receipt. However, getting posted on the Calendar does NOT relieve the VA Sponsors from coordinating with the VATUSA Events Director for requesting ATC Coverage. These requests should be made no later than 14 days prior to the VA Sponsored Event to ensure adequate time to coordinate with the ARTCC's.

Edited by Guest

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi Craig,

You don't mind me asking, but why won't you approve events that happen on weeknights? Granted, most events will happen on weekends, but there's always the chance that some events will happen outside of weekends. Just curious.

Cheers!

Paul.

Andrew Musselman
Posted
Posted
Hi Craig,

You don't mind me asking, but why won't you approve events that happen on weeknights? Granted, most events will happen on weekends, but there's always the chance that some events will happen outside of weekends. Just curious.

Cheers!

Paul.

Sounds pretty good Craig. I imagine they don't want weeknight events because they'd interfere with regional nights.

1000.png

Brian Beach 915973
Posted
Posted

Well, maybe a weeknight theme would give the event an "edge"? An example is the event I was thinking about for a long time (you may steal this idea).

Monday Blues got you down? If so, check out the Monday Night Thunder!

Blah, blah, blah!

Brian Beach

VatsimPHP Developer: http://www.bbflights.com/VatsimPHP/

AFA Detroit Hub Director: http://www.flyafa.com/

userbar603862kx9.gif

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Paul,

I didn't say I wouldn't approve events on weeknights. I set out a very clear set of exceptions. The point of it all is that we don't want to step on the toes of those who are trying to make the Regional Nights work and build their pilot base.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

Paul Byrne
Posted
Posted

Hi Craig,

Completely understand, thanks. Just the way you worded it made me think you were trying to avoid events outside of weekends(regionals excluded). Just I was possibly thinking of an event that you might not want on your regional night. For example, a newbie event. You don't want to hold an event like this on regional night as it can be too busy to help the new guys the way you'd want to, same with weekends. An event like this could also help the guys running their regional night. Instead of new guys getting intimidated because they want to fly in an event and end up getting over their heads in a busy session, it could be recommended to go to the newbie night which could help relieve controller workload and stress.

As I said, just curious. Thanks for the reply.

Cheers!

Paul.

Matthew Temple 880167
Posted
Posted

I'm with Craig. I feel, that if you want to have an event on a weeknight it should be in your regions night, preferbally on your spotlight night, as not to steal the thunder from your neighboring ARTCC's.

Matthew Temple